Chapter 66

CHAPTER 66

Isabella

I was sitting at the toilet holding my forehead with my left hand waiting for a result. What I mean is I called Amy a while ago to send me pregnancy tests strips... Yes with an “s” that means plural. I just wanna be sure if I am not really pregnant, minutes later the test shows negative, and then I tried after then after then after then after, it’s still negative. I am relieved but upset at the same time. I want another baby but my husband would never want us to have another baby. I don’t understand why, he wouldn’t tell me. I threw all the strips at the bin and I rushed myself outside my study and I was shocked seeing him sitting at my desk with his favorite position, feet up on the desk.

“What are you doing here? I asked coolly.

“Oh… attitude…” He winced.

I rolled my eyes.

“I saw Amy, what does she wants from you? I saw a package, what’s that?

“Ummm… it was nothing….

“Nothing? He asked not believing me.

“Yeah… girl stuffs you know…” I answered still standing and gripping the back side of the chair.

“Mmm… girl stuffs…” He mutters. Then he looked at me, and those smoldering eyes melted my inside. I was only wearing a sundress. I know it’s cold but the whole house has a heater or should I say heaters.

“I gotta go to my studio…” I said I just didn’t want to deal with him this time. I know that look.

“You are upset… of what? He frowned.

Silence.

He stood up and went near me circling my waist. “What’s wrong? He asked.

“Why don’t you want to have another baby? I blurted.

He was a little surprised of my question. “I thought we talked about this…” He scratched his forehead.

“Just tell me why? I asked tears were forming in my eyes.

“Just don’t…”

I see his battle. I don’t know but I felt like he was scared. I just didn’t know why he was scared, scared of what? Me… being pregnant? Pregnancy is a normal thing for girls like me.

“Okay…” I sighed. “I’ll stay at my studio; call me when Hunter gets home. I’m sure he’ll look for me…” I said and left him.

********

I wrote some songs, I forgot how long I was here in my studio until I heard someone’s yelling. Oh… Hugh is yelling at someone. I ignored him; this wasn’t the first time I heard him yelling. I checked my watch and I realized Hunter should be home now; I stood up and rushed to the great room. And that’s when I saw all of the securities having a sorry look. I saw Hugh was pacing back and forth.

‘What’s going on? I asked. Hugh swung his head and looked at me.

He walked near me and held my shoulders. “Go back upstairs…

“What? I frowned. “I heard you yelling… what’s wrong?

Silence.

I turn to the men in black.Then I felt nervous, no one wants to look at me.

“What’s going on? I turned at my husband.

“It’s about Hunter…

“What about him…?