Chapter 2

I lost so much.

My parents.

The knowledge that they were even my parents in the first place.

My boyfriend.

My two best friends.

My body.

And any chance at ever becoming a mother.

No man wants a woman who can't provide him with what a wife should.

I stop in the hall and lean against the wall taking shuddering breaths and trying to calm myself as I sink to the floor.

I don’t notice the sound of billowing robes or the footsteps that stop just before me.

“Miss Granger it is time for your detention.” I hear his voice and lift my head up. If he feels any kind of emotion it isn’t showing. I steel myself and lift up shakily from the floor.

“Of course Professor I was just on my way.” As we begin to walk an owl sweeps overhead and a letter drops to me.

Dear Hermione,

I haven't heard from you in forever. Im sorry for the way things went with you and Ron.

I miss you.

We wanted to let you know of the great news! Ginny is pregnant! She just found out she is a month or so a long. Me and Ginny want you to be the godmother as long as Ron being godfather of course.

Maybe you guys will grow back together with time you never know...

How is old Snape? Does he still not know you saved him? Still getting detentions?

Well we will let you know any other news we find out.

Love you!

Love

Harry and Ginny

My shoulders seize up as I read. I take in another deep breath to keep myself from falling to pieces in front of this man. I drop the letter and storm away from the man as I realize I can't keep it from happening.

“Granger!” He shouts angrily, unbeknownst to her he is picking up the letter she unwittingly dropped in a moment overcome with pain and anguish.

“I will attend detention tonight Professor!” I say.

Snape POV

What in the bloody hell is her problem?

I read the letter... shouldn’t she be happy for them? Aren’t her and Ron together? What do they mean “sorry.”

I skim and my eyes catch on the spot where it asks if I still don’t know she saved me. Saved me from what?

We have a lot to discuss in this detention... I won't be in anyone’s debt let alone the golden trios know-it-all!

Though it seems all is not paradise in the world of the trio... she has been left behind.

I teach through the rest of my classes with little interest, waiting for her to walk in and when she does she is apologizing profusely.