Friendship For Dummies- One Shot

Slam!

Georgie made sure that the loud noise of the door would make Connor understand her frustration.

Maybe he would then apologize and bring her cute gifts to make up…Maybe-

“Slowly Georgie! It might hurt the door!” His voice came from the living room.

Maybe Not.

She slumped down on the bed, and let out a sigh. Where did she go wrong?

They both found an apartment that was close to their colleges, it was only a thirty minute drive from their hometown. Everything was nearing to a perfect.

It’s been two months, and then things just…crashed.

Until last week, the couple couldn’t get enough of each other…Connor always took Georgie out for dinners on Thursdays…he always divided the work between them.

And how his soothing words would make Georgie’s knees go weak, when she comes back from a tiring day of College lectures.

Since last week, Connor blamed her for everything! He picked on her cooking, her clothes…he tried to bring up an argument on everything she said.

She let out a sigh. “It’s like high school all over again…” she muttered to herself.

~*~

A week before

Georgie poured coffee into Connor’s cup as she heard footsteps.

“Morning!” she greeted him cheerfully.

“Morning…” he replied in a slightly lower tone.

That was weird. She thought. She picked up his cup and handed it to him.

“Is something wrong?” she asked as he took a sip out of the cup.

“Yes.” He replied, scrunching his face. “This coffee…”

Georgie was quite taken aback. “I’m sorry, what?”

“Did you put sugar, coffee then the milk?” he asked.

“Uhm…I’m n-not sure…” she replied, not quite understanding where their conversation was going.

“Exactly. Remember it from now on.” He snapped at her. “’Cause that’s how I like my coffee…” he added.

“What’s got you so frustrated this morning?” she asked, quite worried at his mood swing.

“How ‘bout the fact that the beginning itself is off to a bad start?” he countered.

Georgie bit her lip. Somewhere deep down, it hurt. Yet, she convinced herself that it must’ve been the pressure from college.

“And what are you wearing?” he asked in complete disbelief.

Georgie looked down at her purple knee length summer dress. “What’s wrong with it?” she asked, confused.

“The color, the textures…do you-“

“You bought me this!” Georgie snapped, cutting him short.

That shut him up. Connor opened his mouth but closed it. Opened again, but closed.

“Uhh…Well…” he started, “Well, when I say not to wear it, don’t wear it!” he replied, and head out of the kitchen.

Georgie was still standing there, absolutely speechless.

“A-and it’s freezing outside!” his voice filled her silent thoughts.

She couldn’t set things straight, he was fine until last night, they saw a movie and she went to bed while Connor said he had some work to do on his laptop.