Chapter 12

I skipped dinner that night. Although my stomach protested like an angry mob. No way in hell, was I going to go downstairs and eat a meal with a damn liar. For all I know, he could hand me hot sauce instead of ketchup, or worse--laxative instead of salt.

Which by the way, Charlotte did that to Trent and it was not pretty. I miss those two...I wonder what they are doing right now? I can't imagine either of them crying over me.

Laura tried convincing me to eat, when I wouldn't listen, or even look at Greyson. Lexie took a turn convincing me as well, but she eventually confessed that her brother and mother put her up to it and left. I admire her for her honesty at least. They all eventually gave up when I locked myself in the bathroom and turned the jets on to drown their voices.

When it was time to sleep, I remained locked in the bathroom. Obviously, Greyson wouldn't sleep anywhere else but in his room--this room.

He would have to chain me to bed if he thinks I'm sharing a bed with him!

"Celeste, open the door...please!" He must have been able to unlock the bedroom door, because I swear I locked it.

"No!"

"You haven't eaten!"

"I'd rather starve!"

He groaned. "You're being ridiculous!"

"And you're an asshole!" I slammed my fist into the door making the lock rattle.

"When I get inside..." He paused, mumbling to himself.

"What are you going to do? Spank me!" I mocked him. Which was probably a bad idea, but too late my words can't be taken back.

The sound of his nails softy grazing the wooden door made tingles crawl up my back. "I'm going to make sure you eat those words, Celeste. I swear it."

After the few seconds I held my breath, he was gone. I couldn't hear anything from the other side with my ear pressed against the door. But to be safe, that night I slept in the bathroom against the door.

The next morning, however, I was comfortably wrapped around a cotton sheet...on his bed. When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was the uneven paint and the eight recessed lighting fixtures on his ceiling. The clock read 6:30 in the morning, barely my usual time to wake up, but I was angry and fired up.

Thinking the perv took liberties and slept besides me, I jerked my leg to occupy the remaining half of the bed. If he was there, I hope my leg did some collateral damage. Next time, he would regret putting me on his bed.

No one. He wasn't there

"Urg." I tossed the sheets off me as if they were infested with germs; they fell into a heap on the foot of the bed. My body was fully exposed to the morning air. I shivered, forgetting I wasn't in the west coast anymore and the weather here can fluctuated between below zero to fifty in a matter of minutes.

I pulled my knees up and wrapped my arms around them to keep warm. When I looked down, I realized my clothes were not what I had on last night and my whole body froze like the ice on the windowpane. I only had on a shirt and panties!

"Oh my god." I gasped.

Greyson must have changed me while I slept! Somehow I felt violated and more pissed off then I was yesterday-if that were even possible.

"I'm going to kill him." I muttered, fisting my hands.

"Can you please keep your voice down, people are trying to get some sleep." The familiar annoying voice came from underneath me.