Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I was stuck on the grocery run. And trust me. No one likes the grocery run. Basically, going to buy groceries was the women's job but seeing as they weren't around at the hide out and we couldn't risk contacting them for anything, I got stuck with doing the shopping for 20 men.

Fan-fucking-tastic!

Honestly I think just because I'm gay they think I have turned into a woman! Hey, but Mateo was gay too but no one dare send him on the bloody grocery run. Fucking retards.

I found a small grocer just a few miles away from town. (It was too risky to shop close to the hideout.) A modest affair with only a few shelves without much selection. So milk, full cream or skimmed? Full cream or skimmed? Full cream or skimmed or low fat? What the hell is the bloody difference?! Its just milk. I shook my head in frustration and looked again at the milk selection.

I felt someone grab me from behind as a cloth covered my mouth and nose.

Chloroform.

Shit! Whats happening?

I stopped breathing to avoid more getting into my system. I struggled and fought to try and throw the guy but from what I could tell the guy was built like a tank cause I was no small fry.

I went to reach for the milk, trying to bash it in his face to blind him but he anticipated the move and pulled me further away from the shelves.

Perfect. I now had enough room to use my legs. I brought my legs to the shelf intending to push off from them and shove us back into the shelf behind us. Having seen my action he swung us round so we were facing up the aisle and I had lost my foot hold.

My lungs were burning and the fumes from the cloth were bringing tears to my eyes. I could hear my ears buzzing as my assailant was keeping me in a headlock. Then I remembered.

Gun.

I slipped my right hand behind me and grabbed the gloke. It seemed he noticed that too because he flipped round on to the floor in a way that knocked the air out of my lungs. The result was me gasping, out of pure reaction, and inhaling a good amount of the sleeping gas. He brought his knee to my back, to make sure I couldn't get up or turn over. I tried anyway with my head fuzzy and my actions disoriented. I tried to aim but i couldn't get a good shot. I started to fire haphazadly but that ended when his foot found my wrist, kicking away the gun I had released in response to the pain.

The haze was spreading through me fast, sped on by my racing heart.

Shit this is bad.

What am I going to do? Is he going to kill me? Had I crossed onto another gang's territory? Shit shit shit.

I tried to fight again but my limps weren't moving anymore.

Damn it! Why won't you move!!!

The dark closed its arms on me and I was out cold.