Chapter 11

**** Okay last one for the day. Nate's father in the m/m. Video of Aug doing ( or rather trying to do) the Nae-Nae in external link.

http://i.instagram.com/p/sUBf-5HAMR/

****

NATE P.O.V. –

Amber had just bailed me out of jail. I told her I would be back later, but what I actually did was go to another home our family owned on the outskirts of Atlanta.

I told my father to meet me there. Surprisingly he agreed so I was just waiting for him to arrive.

I wanted it to just be us. No other people around when I confronted him. Especially not Amb and Assata. The home was surrounded by wooded area so there would be no one else for miles.

I was drinking some of everything. Scotch. Vodka. You name it.  I needed the liquid courage to confront my father for the first time in my life.

My whole life, no matter how badly my father treated me, I still wanted to believe that deep down inside he had some sorta  love for me.

But that stunt he pulled today, along with how he stole money in my administration, I saw that him loving me was only a wish. A wish that would never come true.

My stomach was filled with knots. I thought about calling Amb, but I had to fight this battle alone.

I heard the front door open and my heart stopped.

“Nathanial.” I heard my father call out.

I slowly walked to meet him at the front of the house.

“Dad.” I greeted him.

“On the run I see?” My father smirked then took off his jacket.

“No my wife bailed me out.”

“You’ll do 4 years at the max. No big deal. Man up.” He laughed.

“Why did you do that huh? You told me you wanted me to be mayor.”

“I did.”

“What changed?”

“You weren’t doing the job that you should’ve been doing.”

“Bullshit dad.”

“Listen here, don’t raise your voice at me?”

“Dad just tell me why have you hated me my entire life?”

He gave me a look, like he was debating answering.

“You took my dad from me!” He raised his voice.

“Ever since you were born my father held you in his arms and he looked at you with admiration. e never did me like that. He hugged you as a child. He told you “Good job son.” Those things he never did to me. And I hate you for that. I hate you for recieving the love I should have got.”

“So you abused me?” I felt a tear trickle down my cheek.

He didn’t respond.

“This burn mark is still on my back to this day as a reminder of your hate. You kept my mother from showing me love by beating the love out of her every time she embraced me.”

“I don’t have to stay and listen to this nonsense. Grow the hell up. You’re not a little boy anymore.”

He turned to walk out the door.

I pulled out the gun I had in my back pocket and cocked it.

“Turn around.”

He slowly turned around with his hands raised.

“Nate you don’t have to do this.”

“I was a kid dad. A kid. And even to this day no matter how much wrong you did, I that little kid inside just wants his dad for once to be proud. When Amb told me that, I didn’t believe it. I just knew you wouldn’t do that.”

“Nate put the gun down son.”

“So now I’m your son?” I came closer to him and put the gun to his head.

“I’m sorry for everything I ever did Nate to both you and your mother. Let’s not end it like this.”

“Too late.”

I pulled the trigger and watched his body drop. Blood spilled on the wooden floors. And I lay on my father’s dead body, some how still trying to reviving him.

“Dad wake up.” I held him. 

It was no use. His body was motionless and cold.

I panicked got up and called 9-1-1.

“9-1-1 how may I help you?”

“Two people were shot at 1451 W. Gladys Road.”

The operator tried to keep asking me questions, but I let the phone drop. I scribbled a note to Amb telling her how much I loved her and Assata, and also the contents of my will. I then put the gun to my head, pulled the trigger and I became the second body. 

AUGUST P.O.V. –

“Mook who do it better?”

“I don’t know I gotta see y’all one more time.” My bestfriend Mook was judging between me and Trav who had the best Nae-Nae.

“Go Trav.” I told him.

“No nigga you go first.”

“No you go.”

“That’s cause yo ass need practice. See a natural. Don’t need practice.” He did the Michael Jackson kick and grabbed his crotch.

“Nigga just dance.” I straight faced this fool.

Mook turned on some music.

And Travis started doing it. He was aight. Okay he was super good, but he wasn’t no Aug.

“Aight nigga stop showing off.” I pushed him out the way.

“Don’t be made cause you suckers got served.” He pushed me, trying to imitate B2k in the movie you got served.

I couldn’t dance for laughing at his crazy ass.

“Aug come on boah." Mook looked at me annoyed.

“Aight. My bad.”

Travis sat on the couch.

Mook started the music over.

I did it.

Travis fell off the couch onto the floor. Mook got on top of him on the floor laughing too.

“Whew. Ah man. Shit. Look like he doing an African-Tribal dance.” Travis got up and imitated me.

“Y’all hatas man.” I sucked my teeth.

“Nigga you can’t dance for shit.” Travis started back laughing.

“Fuck y’all man.” I laughed and waved my hand at them.

I saw my phone was buzzing, it was Cha.

“Hey what’s up?" She was hysterical on the other line.

"Wait slow down. Is she okay?”

Travis and Mook  looked at me in a panic.

“Aight. I’ll be there.”

“What happened?” Mook looked at me concerned.

“That was Cha. She said Nate killed himself and his father. And Amb in the hospital.”

“Oh God did he touch her?”

“Nah she said they called her to identify the body and when she saw him like that, she couldn't take it and passed out.”

“Damn.” Travis said shaking head head.

“I gotta get to Atlanta."

“You want us to go with you? We can all drive.” Trav asked.

“Nah I’m good.”

I immediately went to pack my things.