Secrets of the Ghosts-The Sleeper/Read a Chapter

Holiday is no ordinary house wife she is much more than just a mother she holds a dark secret. She has kept this secret from her perfect life now that she was blind -sided by a person she loved Holiday secret has to come to the light. What Holiday soon finds out is that she holds a special gift that will help in protecting the family she grew to love.

                                                                       MEET THE LION

I am on the road, listening to some new songs by one of my favorite bands. I will be in Detroit shortly. I need to be there before my assignment arrives. I do not know who he is or what he’s done, but whatever it is, his time is limited. I am on my way to end him, anyone he is with, and all who can see.  I have no emotions when it comes to killing innocents. It’s my job. I do not know him and really couldn’t care less about whose life is about to end, but I do need a break. I have been working for six months straight, so when this job is done I need a vacation from killing for at least six months. I am going to be as gentle with Ava as possible. She is not going to be happy, but who cares? I will just tell her that I need to do some weddings to keep face before people start to wonder where I’m getting money from. The bottom line is I need a break. Joe and Evey need me more and I cannot focus on both efficiently. I need to gather my thoughts for about six months, and then I will be ready for more missions.  I see the sign: Entering Wayne County.

 I get off on the exit that I was told and as I get close I pass the place to do a quick head count. Umm… it’s a diner—I thought it would have been something different. Oh well. It looks like there are about ten or twelve people including the waitress, and there must be a cook and probably a bus boy. Ok Holiday, this will be easy.  I know from the packet under my seat that my target’s name is Peter Smith, which is not his real name I am sure. He is from Nigeria and usually has four men with him: his driver, two bodyguards, and his assistant.

  Peter Smith is a man who loves attractive women and believes in getting everything he desires. I guess I’m the attractive woman. Ava really needs to stop sending me on these types of missions. I am merely an average Jewish woman. I have long brown hair with a slight natural curl, clear porcelain skin, and deep hazel-grey eyes. Nothing to get worked up over. I will say that my gaze will draw not only men, but also women into my web, and they will become putty in my hands. Like I said, all of my sisters have better bodies than me, but I can make anyone putty in my hands once I make eye contact. Although my husband begs to differ—he thinks I have a gorgeous body.

I find a space to park two blocks away. I grab my bag and walk at a fast pace, but not too fast. I do not need too much attention, though I am eager to get this over with and get back home. When I get closer to my destination, I go around back through the alley and look around to make sure no one is looking. I place a small amount of C-4 on the brick building. It forms perfectly to the door handle as it should—I don’t want to blow up more than I have to. I grab my bag, which looks like a designer bag on the outside, but within, this bag contains my weapons of choice. I walk in the diner and take a seat near the door, where it gives me a view of everyone. The waitress comes over—she looks like she is in her early thirties. She is an attractive African-American woman. As she hands me a menu, I notice she is wearing a wedding ring. I must not take notice of these things, for her time is up. No attachments. That is one of the rules. There are many I have already broken (two that were really bad, and I’m not trying for three).

“May I take your order? The special today is the cook’s Spanish omelet.” Her voice is gentle and sounds like she is not working here by choice. I am not hungry, but must pretend.

 “Yes, can I have a bowl of fruit and a cup of hot tea with cream and sugar?”

“Is that all ma’am? Sure you don’t want anything else?” she asks.