Three

Ages

April: 13
Liam: 14 

Hey, Liam!

It's been a while since my last letter, and I'm sorry about that. I haven't been busy, so I can't use that excuse. There's just been a lot going on. Mum got engaged the other day, to that Brendan guy I told you about. They started dating six months ago, about a month after your last visit. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be happy about the fact my mum is getting remarried, or worried. Brendan is a lawyer, which I think you knew. He seems like a nice guy, although I haven't really talked him a lot. I usually stay at home by myself when they go out.

Mum's been talking to me a lot, she's worried I'm thinking Brendan is trying to be like my dad. She reassures me he isn't, that he makes her happy. She's treating me like I'm nine. It's rather annoying. Sometimes I wish I could go live with my dad, but I know it'd break my mum's heart. Plus that'd mean I wouldn't get to see you as often. So I guess I'll just stay here.. Maybe I'll start to like Brendan more if I get to know him.

How's Wolverhampton? I miss it so much. I've tried to talk to mum about letting me go visit you for a week, since Ms Karen has brought it up a few times. Mum thought about it. I don't think she wants to send me on the plan alone, though. She wants your family to come out for her wedding. (The plans have already started to take place. I'm Maid of Honor.. Which means I have to get all dressed up.)

Has it really been seven months since I saw you last? Wow, that was when I was twelve and you were thirteen. I feel like we've grown up a lot since then. It's pretty impressive that we've stayed friends for the past four years, isn't it? We're thousands of miles away from each other, yet we still talk. 

Fifty letters and counting! :)

Talk to you later,

April.

PS, I love yah.

Ages

April: 13
Liam: 14

April,

I was starting to think you were never going to mail me back. Haha :) 

Congrats to your mum! I know you're on edge about it, and it's pretty understandable. I hope we get to come out for the wedding, you and I could be wedding crashers. My mum said the wedding would take place in a couple months, towards the end of March. We just have to book tickets. Let's hope they're not too expensive so we can come!

I went out for track this year and I've been really enjoying it. Coach said I'm one of the fastest on the team. And since I know you're going to bring up the fact that you used to beat me in races all the time, I'll just say this now: I'm much faster than I was! 

I think if I train hard enough, I could make it the next Olympics. Wouldn't that be something? I've decided I want to do something big with my life. I mean, sure, I'm only fourteen now, but think of all the things I can do. I don't want to be just another person, I want to make a change. The thought of being forgotten once I die isn't a very pleasant one.. Maybe I can make a difference in the world, yah know?

Don't take so long to reply back! 

Love,

Liam

PS, love you.