Chapter 10

Shutting the door to my mates house behind me with an aggravated sigh, I trudged to the living room. I could just imagine all the fun everyone was having without me. While I stay abandoned in this house.

I had blocked everyone out minutes after I had started my walk here. And by everyone I mean Mason, Rose, Ari, and even Jay. He wanted to explain but I did not want to hear it from him. I wanted to hear it from the Alpha himself. Actually, I needed too.

I slumped onto the couch. The front door opened and I immediately heard the angry footsteps of Alpha Thaddeus. I turned my head to see him practically glaring holes into me.

Neither of us moved or spoke a word for a very tense minute.

"What is so urgent that I had to put the meeting on hold?" His words were full of anger and annoyance.

"Why are you isolating me from everyone?" I asked ignoring his tone.

He closed his eyes for a second before staring hatefully at me. "I do not have time for this."

He turned around but I was already on my feet. "Wait!"

I took a deep breath before continuing.

"You said you didn't want a mate," I began. "Reject me right now."

He turned his body halfway facing me, before becoming rigid. A very uncomfortable silence took over as I waited for him to say the proper words.

My wolf hated me for saying this but I pushed her aside. I was thinking for us both and if she didn't like it than so be it.

A tense minute passed.

Then another. And then another. Three minutes had already passed and he was still in the same position. Finally he spoke.

"For fucks sake," my eyed widened as I did not take him as the type to curse. "I can't do that."

"Then why do you keep pushing me away?" I took a few steps closer to his unmoving position. If he couldn't do that then that meant he must have feelings for me deep down.

Instead of answering he shook his head. "That is enough for now."

"Please tell me," I didn't bother to hide the vulnerable tone in my voice. "I cried my eyes out last night and I know you heard me. Yet you did not come and check up on me. Why can't we do what other mates do? Like each other, hell, love each other."

By the time I was done, I was trying to control my breathing. I usually didn't cry as much but being around Alpha Thaddeus made me a river of tears. I watched his facial expression but nothing gave me an idea of what he was thinking.

"You are rejecting me then, I suppose," he said, his voice emotionless.

I shook my head my eyes bulging out. "I don't want to reject you."

"Then what are you saying?"

"I want to start all over. I want- "

"Not everyone can get what they want." I was almost sure there was a double meaning in his words as my eyes flickered over his face.

"Can we just take it slow? Start all over?" There was a pregnant pause before he answered.

"That is enough," he said slowly. My shoulders sagged as I cast my eyes downwards.

Silence over took us as he stood still probably thinking I'd say something. When I didn't he turned and sped out the room.

I turned and trudged back to the living room and did the only thing I had been good at since last night; Crying myself to sleep.