Three:Adrian Lew

Three

After riding in silence for almost an hour, the lack of conversation started to disturb the woman who happened to be very talkative. Isa squirmed in her seat, moving from sitting on her hands to placing them in her lap, wringing them around each other in a nervous action.

She felt Adrian continuously glancing over at her every few minutes before he kissed his teeth, shooting her a dark, "Be still Isaline."

Wrinkling her nose at the use of her full name, Isa shook her head, "It's Isa, or Sweetie. I don't go by Isaline," She informed him.

"I know what you go by," He muttered, steel eyes flashing to hers.

"Well where are we going?" Isa asked, crossing, then uncrossing her legs, "I need to use the restroom,"

Adrian groaned, muttering unintelligibly under his breath, "We'll be there in about ten minutes."

Isa slumped down into her seat, grumbling to herself.

"I still have to go into work, you know." She told him minutes later as she held her phone up to her ear calling Ryan, the manager that worked underneath her to tell him he would have to take over for a while.

"Is everything alright, "Sweetie?" the blonde haired, blue eyed employee asked, his deep voice giving way to a hint of worry.

Isa smiled, nodding before answering Ryan, "Everything's fine, Ryan. I just need some time to myself." She murmured, glancing over at Adrian who was gripping her steering wheel so tightly she could see his skin, pulling taught and paling in protest Ge looked as if he could snap the steering wheel in half with one squeeze.

"Yes ma'am," Ryan chuckled, "Well take care of yourself Ms. Ford"

Ryan Shaw was thirty nine years old with a wife and a fourteen year old son who adored Isa. She had taught him how to read and write, as he had a tumor his kindergarten year, and his parents agreed to let him heal completely and make sure there was no threat to his health before putting him in school. From sixteen years old, Isa had spent almost all of her time at the hospital, consumed in worry for the young boy. She tutored him as they both grew older, to that day. Ryan's family loved Isa, and she looked at them with just as much adoration. All three were amazing people. When Ryan had been laid off when Isa was just going on twenty and had just opened the bookstore with the help of her parents, she hired him without a second thought. He had been forever grateful and felt as if he owed Isa everything, which she believed he did not. She was just helping out a friend in need.

"Thanks Ry, I'll see you later!"

"No problem dear. Have fun and be good." With that, they hung up, and Isa had never been more thankful of her sweet and understanding employees.

The sound of Adrian scoffing pulled Isaline from her benevolent thoughts, causing her to settle her honey eyes on him, "What?" She inquired.

"You belong to someone," Adrian deadpanned, stopping her car in the middle of the country road they had been traveling on. Isa's eyebrows drew in as she stared at him, pursing her lips as she voiced her confusion, "Like a man?"

"You should have told me," Adrian ground out through gritted teeth. Isa's eyes drifted away from him as she watched a car drive around them before continuing down the road before landing back on the now livid man. He was shaking. "I'm not in a relationship with anyone," She finally murmured.

Adrian didn't calm as she thought he would, but pushed his long hair from his face violently, as he turned to the side, now facing her, as he yelled, "Who the fuck were you on the phone with then?"