XVI.

16 | Pure Heroin

Exodus flicked through channels until she settled on one that looked mildly interesting. After coming back from New York her insomnia had only gotten worst. Usually she could manage five hours of sleep on a good day but now she was barely scraping three. Strangely enough, she had begun having nightmares again about Aj's shooting. Every time the shooter appeared as a big blurred silhouette in her dreams and it bugged her to no end that she couldn't remember who it was.

She was currently in the middle of a segment on ' The Cosmos ' when she finally began to doze off. Two hours of watching the National Geographic channel usually helped Exodus in falling asleep.

It had only been thirty minutes into her sleep when she heard a loud crash. Exodus rolled over in her bed squinting groggily at the alarm clock.

3:45 a.m.

Rubbing her eyes she slipped out of bed quietly slowly opening the door of her room. Peeping her head out she was met with the darkness of the hallway.

Exodus held her breath when she heard slight movement coming from the living room. She grabbed the large black umbrella from the holder at the end of the hallway and held it tightly in her hands.

She was not about to die today.

Creeping into the living room, the intruders back was turned to her and was oblivious to the fact of her and her killer umbrella. Before he could turn fully around Exodus cocked her hands back and swung at his head as hard as she could.

"Ow! Fucking shit!" The intruder clutched the back of his head after the hard blow stumbling a bit before falling on the rug.

Exodus continued to whack him about his body managing a couple more good hits to his face. Before he flipped her legs from under her bringing her down to the floor with him. He finally managed to capture her two hands in one of his and used the other to snatch the umbrella away from her grasp.

"Stop!", he shouted agitatedly.

Exodus immediately stilled recognizing the voice. Squinting in the dark she made out his distinct features. "Fredo!?"

Five minutes later Fredo was sitting down on the couch frowning and rubbing the back of his head while Exodus emerged from the kitchen, a dish towel filled with ice in her hands.

She leaned over him pressing the ice to the back of his head. "This should help the swelling go down."

"Why were you even attacking me with an umbrella?"

Exodus flushed countering his question with one of her own. "Why were you moving around in the dark like a burglar?"

"Whatever."

She hadn't seen Fredo in a week and some days and he was still very much the same. Frowning and somehow still intimidating her.

It went quiet between them as they settled into a comfortable silence. exodus felt Fredo shift slightly.

"Stop moving."

"Im not."

He shifted again at the same time Exodus moved her feet and she ended up tripping over his leg and loosing her balance. She fell forward into him their lips brushing.

They stared at each other for a minute seeing who would make the first move. Fredo was the first to move reaching out and cupping the back of Exodus's head pressing his lips firmly against hers.

Exodus sank down onto his lap dropping the dish towel. She parted her lips allowing his tongue to intertwine with hers. Wrapping her hands around his neck while he bit down on her bottom lip tugging it, before sucking it into his mouth. His hands rubbing lazy circles into her waist.