Epilogue

• Dedicated to Everyone Who Made it to the End!

Darkness sat on his midnight throne staring into the distance. What he saw was for his eyes alone. His sight was eternal, boundless as the entire universe itself. Nothing was hidden, all secrets stood bare before him.

He sent out a silent command.

His second son appeared before the thought had faded from his mind.

“Father,” Asher knelt and bent his head in supplication.

Darkness remained silent for a time. It could have been minutes, days, even years. What was time to a creature such as him? When he finally spoke, his words came out flat and dead, giving no hint of his thoughts.  

“The mortal girl’s contract.”

It was not a question.

Asher knew better than to show any sign of emotion other than mild detachment as he felt the searing pain of his father’s touch reaching into his very core. The demon made no sound as his creator ruthlessly tore out an essential part of his being.

“It is mine.”

Darkness rose.

Asher pressed his forehead into the floor as his father and ruler swept past him in a cloud blacker than any pit in their realm, the bitter taste of his own thwarted revenge coating the back of his throat.

His father’s involvement would pose several new obstacles but it was nothing a creature as cunning and resourceful hadn’t already planned for.

After all, he had learned from the best. Dante’s entire existence revolved around getting around their father. After so many years, Asher had picked up a trick or two.

Neither Dante nor Eliza would slip through his fingers so easily – not when his trap was so nearly set.

Not even the Darkness would take this from him.   

 *

*

*

*

* A/N:  

Song Selection:  "Home" - Three Days Grace

Image Credit: "Eliza Happy" (Inspired by Melonie Diaz)

I just wanted to thank you all for taking this wonderful journey with me! These last few chapters are rough but I plan on streamlining them over these next few weeks as I can. Still. I sure hope you enjoyed this one and thank you for bearing with me as I found my way to the end. 

I will start up the next installment soon - though I can't say when because I hate being a liar. Still, it won't be too long. 

For those interested, the next book is entitled "Bad Melody" and it tackles Greed. It should be fun -- we'll meet up with some old friends and make some new ones -- maybe not all human either. 

Again, thank you to everyone for being so fabulous and wonderful. This last chapter is dedicated to you all!

wendy =c]