Three

© 2014 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

I stormed into Mikhail’s office, murderous intent clear in my eyes.

“I do not need protecting, Mikhail. Especially not from him.” I pointed to the stoic figure that stalked me.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, taking a deep breath. “Try to understand, you are Luna until I find my mate- therefore you are top priority to the pack. You fall, so does the rest of us.”

“I don’t care! I was a fighter before I was Luna, so I can handle myself without him looking over my shoulder.”

My brother stood up, pushing his chair back. “Then let me do this as a way for me to be sure that my little sister won’t be slaughtered by rogues.”

I looked away. “I can’t let you do that.”

“He’s your mate!” he exclaimed, giving me an incredulous look.

“He’s a killer!”

I felt that silvery gaze on me again, only colder.

“If that is what you wish, then I shall have Draver look after you in my stead.” he muttered.

I was about to thank him for seeing my way, but instead Mikhail jumped in.

“No. Absolutely not. You’re the best for my sister, so the best is what she’ll get. I’m leaving no room for arguing.” his eyes narrowed on me as he passed by to leave the office.

“You can just ignore him. When will Draver be here?”

The powerful Lycan shook his head. “He’s the one who issued my help, not you. Therefore, I will be the one who will protect you.”

His eyes told me to compose myself and back down, but I found myself curling my fingers into a tight fist, propelling my elbow forward with my target as his roman nose. Instead, my fist was caught in a large palm.

Stark raised an eyebrow. “You pull your punches?”

“I try not to. Don’t worry, I won’t with you.” I dragged my foot across the carpeted floors to hit his ankles but he dodged.

“I’m not sure if you are stupid or pride driven.”

“For what? Challenging a Lycan?”

He seemed faintly amused, though his expression gave me no proof. “No. For thinking that would work on me.”

Turning swiftly, his opened the doors. “I talked to your brother.” that was all he said as he paced down the intertwining hallways.

“And?”

His jaw clenched. “I will be residing in your room.”

“Bu-”

“With you.”

“Wai-”

“There’s no argument. Cease this behavior Katya, it's not fitting of a Luna to have childish tantrums over your brother's concern for your well being."

I threw a paper weight at his head.

Unfortunately the doors shut behind his retreating form so the apple shaped paper weight shattered against the door. 

A hesitatant knock on the door brought my mind out of the ways I was going to strangle that Lycan.

"Come in." I muttered, picking up the stray pieces of the paper weight that broke.

I was surprised to Marie there, peeking her green eyes at me.

"Luna Katya? Ryker woke up."

Relief flooded through me. I was afraid he wouldn't make it from the wounds that the rogue had inflicted on him.