#1

That scent.

It was everywhere.

Overpowering, rich and sweet, but bitter and tangy all at the one time. Like red velvet cake.

It filled his nostrils, distracting him from his friends and their argument on which shirt was better. His green eyes turned black in ripples, like dropping food colouring into water as he took a deep breath in, trying to find the scent again.

Turning away from his friends, he quickly moved through the store toward the exit and followed the scent through the mall toward the food court. His wolf was stirring, chasing his tail and yipping excitedly as they got close.

He knew what it meant, the scent. He knew what it would lead to. He wondered what she would look like, what her personality was like. He dreaded her being one of those superficial, cheerleader, it girl types. Or worse, a guy.

He was practically running now, darting around idiots that walked in his path, ignoring people who knew him calling after him. He had to see her.

The scent grew stronger, until it was all he could smell and then he spotted her. He wasn’t sure how he knew it was her, but as soon as his eyes landed on her his wolf began to howl in joy. She sat alone in one of the tables outside Wendy’s, chin propped up on one hand as she tapped on her phone.

The hood of her black jumper was up, but fiery dark red hair tumbled out and down to her waist. Her skin was pale, almost white unlike his golden tan and he wondered if she had just moved here. Something caught her attention, because she glanced up and he caught a glimpse of grey-blue eyes.

Everything around him froze, and a smile started to pull on his lips. He wanted to go to her, to take her in his arms and just hold her, tell her that she was his. But as soon as he took a step forward, he stopped.

Another girl approached, brunette this time and without giving him any kind of warning or time to prepare, the brunette swooped on and pressed a kiss to his mate’s lips. After a few seconds, the brunette pulled back and took a seat across from the red head, both smiling and holding hands on top of the table.

He stepped back, finding a wall to support him before his legs gave out. His wolf was whimpering, begging him to go to her. But he couldn’t. What was going on? Was this all a joke to the fates? Was the Moon Goddess punishing him for something? His mate liked girls, his mate was gay, how was he ever to have her?

“Lucas, mate, what happened? You just took off,” his best friend and future Beta asked, finding him a few minutes later. “Lucas?”

“What?” he grumbled, sulking slightly at the sight of his mate now making out with the brunette.

“Why are you staring at the McNaughton girl and her girlfriend?”

“McNaughton? You know her?” Lucas asked, perking up immediately.

“Everyone at school knows her,” Reid said, raising an eyebrow, “She’s the one the humans don’t like for some reason, they’re always having a go at her. How come you don’t know that?”

“They do what?!” Lucas snarled, his wolf’s voice joining his and Reid’s brown eyes widened slightly.

“Lucas, calm down, or the humans will see. Tell me what’s going on?”

Lucas muttered a few curses, letting himself calm down as he looked back to his mate, who was smiling in a way that made the room glow brightly – to him anyway.

“Oh my god,” Reid realised, “She’s your mate.” When Lucas nodded, Reid gave a whistle, “That sucks mate. What are you gonna do?”

Lucas said nothing, but turned and walked away as the two girls started kissing again. He didn’t know what to do, but he would work something out. Maybe his sister could help him, after all, her mate had been in a relationship too.

=

“Gay?” Leona asked, an eyebrow raised as she looked up from her homework. “It’s not quite the same, Lucas.”

“Please, Lee, please,” Lucas begged, evening getting on his knees to hug his twin’s waist, “Please, I’ll never ask for anything again!”

“Alright,” she laughed, pulling him away, “Well with Miles I kind of started easy, you know. I made the effort to speak to him when I saw him. Just a hello to begin with, then a casual how are you? I made sure he knew I was in class with him, and even managed to convince the teacher to put us in pairs on work. Brush skin with her, so she feels the connection, keep eye contact. You said she gets bullied, so defend her, make it all about her.”

“Really that’s it?” Lucas asked, surprised.

“No, Lucas, no, that’s part one.”

Lucas sighed, running a hand through his hair, he really didn’t understand women.

#

thats Lucas on the external link :P