Chapter XVI:War

A\N
I know your like, im not finna read this😭😩😩😩. But you have to if you're one of my readers that are confused.

Okay previous chapter,

The guys were interrogating one of the men that helped take dante.

After Vito threatened the man, I cut back to dante, who was being manhandled by the big guy from the chapter before the last which was "skin deep"

I cut the part where "they" killed the man, because I wanted to save it for this chapter.

Still confused?

Chapter XVI: War

The pounding in my head verified that I was alive and breathing. Groaning, I moved my head trying to find a comfortable place to rest my head.

The pain was excruciating, and even the slightest movement would caused me to wince in pain. For no reason I began coughing. I spit up blood and began choking on the syrupy liquid as it moved pass my uvula. Disgusted by its crimson color, I closed my eyes and took in deep breaths.

When I was weary of my surroundings I realized I was hogged tied. Just like a pig.

Grunting, I grazed my wrists against the scratchy rope.

I wiggled uncomfortably in the tight rope, struggling to get loose of the tightly tied rope to my body.

When I gave up I crook my neck uncomfortably to the side to place my head back on the ground.

I looked around in the darkness, noticing that it was a completely different room than before. The room I was in before had at least one or two windows, this one had none. I felt like I was being imprisoned, which I was, but it was something more complex than just being in prison.

It felt like I was completely shut off from everything.

I was immobile.

In a way, this was something worse than solitary confinement.

I shifted my weight to my back, which caused a shot of pain to run down my spine as I slowly placed my back on the ground. Hissing, I tried hard not to cry from the excruciating pain in my back.

It hurt so bad I was starting to believe something was broken.

What did the guy do, stomp me in? I thought to myself as I stared at nothing in the darkness.

I was becoming more and more afraid of my back, as it throbbed and would shoot an excruciating amount of pain to my hips and shoulders.

I breathed heavily in the silence, feeling a cool breeze bounce onto my knuckles as they lay lazily to my side. For a moment, my breathing went quiet and I took that time to close my eyes. Trying to ignore the pain that ran all through my body.

I basked in those minutes of silence, enjoying the sound of the air whooshing past my ear. The steady beating of my heart, and the blood flowing through my body.

In the silence, a faint sound could be heard. I had no idea where it came from, but that had no reason for me to not alarmed.

My eyes snapped open, and I focused more on my hearing. For about a couple of seconds things went quiet. I began to believe that maybe what I was hearing was just my imagination or something.

Couldn't have been anything.

Somewhat relieved I stopped straining and closed my eyes once more. Everything was silent and the only thing that was making the most noise was my pounding heart, thumping loudly in my ears as I lay still.