Now the only person left in the limousine had to be the most famous band member out of the three: Rian Drew, the lead singer and guitarist of Gold. He was eighteen and a senior like the other two boys, and just as handsome. Excited squeals and screams came from the audience as messy, pecan blonde hair appeared, quickly followed by a slender body. Bright cerulean eyes darted around the crowd of girls as Rian took them all in, looking confused. His lost-puppy-dog expression earned an aww from Chloe.

            Then he looked past everyone and directly at me. My eyes widened in surprise when our gazes locked and I immediately I looked down, my heart skipping a beat. With a shake of my head, my brunette locks fell in front of my face, cutting off all contact.

            "You totally just made eye contact with Rian!" Chloe whispered excitedly.

            "It was an accident," I muttered, slowly raising my eyes back to the trio by the limousine.

            Rian wasn't looking this way any more and I relaxed a little, taking in the group of boys before me. All of them were dressed in my school's mandatory school uniform; navy blue, plaid slacks; a white shirt; a solid, navy blue blazer; and a matching tie. I've always thought guys looked good in our uniform, but the way they wore it, made it look more than good. They made it look drop-dead gorgeous.

            Noah started talking, but Chloe and I were too far away to be able to hear him. "Let's go closer," Chloe urged.

            I shook my head, taking a step away from her, and once again unlatching her arm from mine. "Go by yourself if you want to. I've really got to hurry to the library and print out my essay. Besides, I'm getting frost-bitten."

            Chloe rolled her eyes. "You take school so seriously."

            "That's because some of us actually have to get good grades to go here," I snapped at her. "Not all of us are rich."

            Chloe frowned. "Oh, yeah, I forgot you were here on scholarship. Sorry."

            "Forget it," I murmured, pulling my jacket around me tighter.

            "But I bet you're glad you studied so hard to get in here," Chloe continued, sending me a cheeky grin. "Who would have guessed out of all the schools in America, Gold would choose Oakwood Academy."

            "Who knows?" I responded, shrugging. "I don't see why they transferred though. Who transfers schools halfway through their senior year? It seems like a waste to me..."

            Christmas break had just ended, and today was the first day back. It was also the first day of Gold's arrival. Why they were suddenly transferring to my private school, I had no idea, but most of the girls here were very excited about it, and even some of the guys. All Christmas break people in my grade had been posting statuses and tweeting, bragging about how Gold was coming to our school.

            "Oh my god! They're coming this way!" Chloe cried, reaching for my arm again.

            Ducking left, I managed to avoid her. When I glanced up to the gates, I saw the trio coming toward us, the crowd of girls following behind them like lost puppies. For a second I watched the group with an amused smile on my face, but then I turned, and started heading back to the school building, deciding I didn't want to get tangled up in that.

            "Hey!" Chloe called frantically. "Where are you going?"

            "Essay," I responded, waving my hand dismissively. "I'll see you at lunch."