Chapter Forty Nine

--------------------------------------

Dedication: ieatyourcookie for making me my awesome cover on the side! Thank you so much for it, I love it! (: 

Song: Skinny Love - Originally by Bon Iver, redone by Birdie, re-done by Bella Ferraro, who tried out for X-Factor Australia, 2012. I am so in love with this audition! I just have it on repeat. I looooove it so much.

--------------------------------------

Jason's P.O.V:

My hand slapped the end of the pool and with a somersault, I propelled myself forward, concluding my final lap. I had been at the pool for about three hours now. My arms felt like lead and my heart felt heavy inside my chest.

I just needed to have some quality swimming time. It allowed me to chill out. The feeling of the cool water running across my muscles was pure bliss. I finally finished and with my remaining energy, pushed myself over the edge and collapsed, my chest rising and falling rapidly. If I wasn't so soaked in water, I knew sweat would be positively dripping from my skin.

"I think you outdid yourself," the gym teacher laughed, squatting beside me. One hand was raised, half-cupping her face in an attempt the shield herself from the sun. She open-mouth chewed on a piece of gum and winked at me. Which was slightly creepy. "I really think you need to reconsider joining the relay team."

"I was going to join, but the position I wanted filled." I spat, sitting up and using one of the diving blocks for support. I allowed my eyes to drift shut as exhaustion swept over me. My heart was absolutely racing from my intense work out. I have no idea how many laps I did, but it was a fair amount. The most amount I've done in probably... well years, I think.

"Yes and Arnold transferred schools last week, leaving the free style position open."

My ears perked up and I opened one eye in interest, liking what I hear. Good old Arnold. He had been a friend of mine. We weren't close exactly, which made it easier when he dogged me. Every one knows I'm the free style man. It's my thing, you know? And he never wanted to join the team, until I said so. At the try outs, he came in late and beat my time by a couple of seconds. He was so proud. Me... let's just say I was not happy. "Hmm?"

"We've had a meeting and the majority voted you, Jason. We want you on our team. You've improved a lot since try outs."

I sort of felt like they were using me. They didn't want me when I offered and now that the person they chose over me was gone, I was worthy? I felt like saying no, to keep my pride, but I did really want to join the team. I never had taken swimming seriously until this last year. I  had just done it for fun, but now I really enjoyed trying to beat my scores and all that. Also, it brought out the competitive side in me.

"I'll think about it?" I offered.

"Okay," she said, slapping my shoulder roughly, jolting my forwards, causing my eyes to snap open. "Get back to me, yeah?"

"Sure."

With a head nod, she got up and took off to her next victim. I sat there for a while, just thinking about it. I felt the sun dry up the water droplets on my skin. I heard footsteps and thin, tanned legs appeared in my eye sight.

"Hey hey," her beautiful voice greeted. Those amazing legs folded and she sat beside me. She leaned over and brushed her soft, pink lips across mine, sending my heart into a slight spasm once more. "How was your swim?"