A Nightmare of the Common Parent

A Nightmare of the Common Parent (via 2003)

I see her everywhere.

At the supermarket. In class. At the theater. Arrogantly, just ignoring me. She just sits there, even in church, paying attention to the pastor's lecture, knowing damned well she's distracting me. A stalker she is, I tell you. No! She doesn't merely stalk as one who follows her victim—rather, she's planned her schedule around mine. Yes! Even more thoroughly truthful, and more credible, she's a demon. Yes, a beautiful demon, manifesting herself into a tangible young girl. She knows where I'll be, thus she arrives before myself--in foreshadowing mockery.

The estranged girl, a mere bloody girl bastard, was unfortunately a child born out of wedlock, thus accursed she was. What guilt and shame that child brought to my integrity. And the brat of a mother she had had. To seduce me so. So cunning and conniving and witchy, the mother was. Cursed be them both! That is why they both had to die.

I really had to do it. Get thee behind me, Satan! The witchy woman caused me to sin, so I plucked her out like a sinful eye—an eye in a state of lust, thus freeing myself. The truth in my realization set me free—my testimony empowered. It was fairly easy to bear this cross. Allow me to explain, for daily bearing this cross and renewing my mind becomes more enjoyable as the days go on.

The mother of the girl bastard at least stays put, remaining where I placed her beautiful, cold carcass—at the bottom of the lake. But I did use the prime cuts of her buttocks and breasts in my meatloaf, prepared with the choicest tomatoes and onions and large eggs. My students ate well that day.

-------------------

[Read the rest of this story in the anthology, NAPKINS, at http://www.stevedustcircle.us]