6. Fright Night's First Kiss

[Vote and Comment if you're excited this is in Ethan's POV!]

Chapter 6 - Fright Night's First Kiss

Drops of Jupiter – Taylor Swift (Cover)

[Ethan's POV]

October 30th 2011

"Damn it."

The words in this thick biology book in front of me wasn't connecting and I was growing agitated.

I looked up at my bed from my sitting position on the floor where Spencer was in the middle with a book in his lap and intently focusing. Every three minutes he would write something in the notebook that didn't sit too far from him and two minutes afterwards he would turn the page.

I tried to look back at my book but scowled at its use of words that failed to be accompanied by a photo aide.

"So...." I stretched, hoping to start a conversation and forget about this stupid test.

Spencer, however, hardly looked interested. He looked up for a quick second and drifted back to the book. "So...what?" he mumbled in response.

"Do you wanna do something stupid?"

His eyes still didn't meet mine, "Ethan, we have a biology test on Monday and you of all people need an A."

I scoffed, "I can pass that test with one hand tied behind my back and my shoes untied."

Spence huffed and shook his head. His short hair managed to hide his face as it bent down a little more into the book.

"Hey," I tried again and regained his attention, much to his agitation. "Can we pick out our costumes for tomorrow night?"

Spencer's eyebrow shot up, "What's tomorrow night?"

I gaped at him, not paying attention to the fact that my knee had just ripped a page out of the book, "Dude, tomorrow is Halloween and we are so going Trick or Treating."

He kept his eyebrow frozen in that same position. His face was layered with skepticism now, "Trick or Treating or do you mean Girl Hunting?"

Hell, how did he know? I snickered, "I mean candy is great, girls are better."

He rolled his eyes, something he had recently picked up and made practice of it whenever I said something that he found 'mundane', as he put it. "So what are you going as?"

"Nothing, I'm going to be studying this weekend."

I gasped. "It's a Saturday and Halloween weekend. You can't just do anything. It's against teen law and you know what happens when you break teen law."

He closed his book in annoyance and hopped off of the bed. "I don't care."

He crossed the room and grabbed his backpack. "Where are you going?" I questioned, feeling a little down that he was choosing to leave so early.

"Mom expects me home before seven." He mumbled, kneeling down and placing his books into his bag.

"Hey, do you wanna go to Old Pine for Halloween instead? Josh told me there was a killer haunted house there."

He looked back momentarily, "There is no such thing as a haunted house but seeing that you will keep bugging me about it...Fine."

I grinned as he agreed. Josh appeared at the door and patted Spencer's head before he came into the room and sat on the bed.