One

Hi, I started working on this story a few days ago. Some chapters will be long and some will be short; it's all just a part of the story so...deal with it. 

It would mean a whole effing lot to me if you could comment, vote or even fan! Don't be a silent reader...nobody likes them haha 

Oh and please do not bring up Sid from Ice Age in a comment. Respect the fact that Sid was a boy's name BEFORE the creaters of Ice Age were even born. 

VERY IMPORTANT: I put this down for PG-13 as overall this does not need a high restriction. But I will warn you that the further along you read, the book will get more graphic and violent. Just a little warning, that it can get pretty bad. 

Thanks :D

CHAPTER ONE

"Poison outburst kills in Queens!" Sid shouted waving his newspaper above his head in a frantic manner to attract as many people as possible.  He planted his black boots on the cobblestone corner as people rushed by him. "Paps for a nickel!" With one hand he tightened his suspenders and pulled his large trousers slightly higher on his hips. 

 On the other side of the block, Franky, scratching his course black hair, yelled, "Where'd it say that?" He pulled out a newspaper from his tan satchel and started hectically flipping through the pages in search of the death article. 

 "Page ten," Sid called back.

Just as the words left Sid's mouth, an older man walked up to Sid presenting a nickel. With a smile on his lips, Sid handed over the paper and stuffed the nickel into the pocket of his trousers. The money made a clinking noise as it landed on top of the other cents. "One twenty five," Sid muttered how many dollars he had made that day. " 'Tis a good day," he chuckled. 

 "Sid, it ain't there," Franky replied leaning against a lamppost and tucking the newspaper back into his satchel. "All it says is 'Rotting meat kills dog'." 

 "Yeah, disaster! Poison leaking in the water killed one hundred people!" Sid bellowed rolling the sleeve to his blue button down shirt up to his elbow. "You say potato, I say potato." He waved the newspaper. 

 Franky shook his head and scuffed. Grabbing another newspaper, he started hollowing the headline and sure enough a young girl purchased it. 

 "I may be over here, but I ain't blind, nitwit. If you gots a problem with me, say it to me face." The moment he said that, he put on a smile as a middle aged woman walked in front of him. Suddenly, after she walked by him, he brought his hand to his mouth and started coughing a mile a minute. 

The woman spun around with worry on her face. "Oh, you poor child," she cooed walking over to Sid. Right as she reached him, Sid knelt to the ground and deepened the cough. The woman knelt down beside him and said "God still loves you," as she dug into her lavish purse she handed over three nickels to the 'sick' Sid. "I'll take three."

 "T-thank you ma'am," he spewed out with more coughs in-between the words. The woman smiled at him with kindness in her eyes. "God bless you!" Sid said as the women walked away. Once the woman was out of hearing range, Sid snickered as he counted his money and stood up. "Sucka." 

 "You scoundrel," Franky hollowed in a condescending manner. "I sell me paps with nuthin' special. 'Rotten meat kills dog!', " he called once more with success. 

 "Makin' me money, the way I gots to make it," Sid shrugged as he sat back against the brick wall of a bakery on the corner. "Can you give a dime?" he called to Franky as he looked at the bakery with desire. He slid down the building and stretched one leg out while tucking the other close to his chest. Sid dragged the flat cap off his head and chucked it to the ground, revealing a mess of a brunette head. He pulled his bag onto his lap and began counting how many more papers he had to sell.