Chapter 6: Stupid Cupid

Hehehehe. :)))))))))))

Please vote & stuff. 

* * * 

"You worry me, Anna."

            "How was I supposed to know they didn't have Mount Dew here? Or that my waiter would think that I was Lady Gaga?" Anna hissed into the speaker on her collar. Her big bleach blonde hair, pursed lips, expensive outfit (which she sewed herself), and dark round sunglasses, made her look like someone important. In fact, now that I was really looking at her, sitting alone on the opposite side of the restaurant as me, she really did look like Lady Gaga.

            “Anna, neither of us can pronounce the name of this place.” I spoke softly, my head tilted slightly down towards the microphone on my collar. “Of course they don’t have Mountain Dew here. And just don’t sign any more autographs, or stand up on the table and sing Poker Face. We’re keeping it low key.”

                  “Refill, demoiselle?” An elderly French waiter stood at my side with a fancy pitcher of water.

            “No thank you--” I started.

            “Hottie at three o’clock!” Anna exploded into my ear, making me jerk with alert.

 I turned my head to the side.

            “Nine o’ clock!” she corrected.

            I turned my head the other way.

            “Ten-thirty! Holy crap, he’s heading my—“ She stopped whispering, and I saw her entire demeanor momentarily change as a tall, dark, and handsome man stood in front of her. I gripped my table with alert. Who the hell was this? “May I help you?” I heard Anna ask, back in character.

            “I believe so,” the man replied, his voice smooth and slightly seductive.

            His voice said it all.

Leach.

            On cue, the microphone went static.

            “Refill, demoiselle?” the waiter asked again, standing in my way. I realized I hadn’t completely shooed him off.

            “No, thank you,” I rushed out, moving my head around him to see Anna. Mystery man was now sitting at her table like he owned the place, with his back to me. He said something with a wide gesture of his hands and Anna burst out laughing. She was making eye contact with him too, I realized. Big no-no.  How many times had I gone over this with her on the way over?

No eye contact with anyone on a mission.

            This vampire totally had her under his spell.

            I had given Anna specific instructions. Order something small to eat, complain about the meal, and make a huge scene so that I could scope out all of the entrances and exits of the building before the target arrived.

            Mystery man leaned a little bit too close towards my friend for my liking, and in turn, Anna bit down on her lip and flushed the color of a freaking cherry flavored Twizzler.

            This was exactly why I couldn’t bring her anywhere.

            I gracefully got out of my chair, adjusting my black dress and covertly brushing my hand along one of my many stakes strapped to my body. I quickly made my way to her table, anger boiling beneath my skin, but as I came within five feet of her, I plastered on my best smile.