Chapter 4

**** I swear y'all get greedy man. If I made a hundred updates, y'all would still ask for more. But it's labor day and I ain't got school or work so...Enjoy.

Sevyn in the m/m. And people were like Seyvn what kinda name was that lol. That's a real singer and her name is Sevyn. I didn't make that up. ****

AUGUST P.O.V. –

“No, no, no. It’s spelled A-o-u-t.”

“Août.” I repeated.

“Yet again parfait.” She shook her head impressed. “You came all the way to France by yourself Août?”

“Nah, I’m here with my girl. I actually was trying to order for her. Do something nice.”

She tugged at my shirt and gave a childish pout. “Aww, that’s too bad Août. I wanted to take you home. Show you why French girl better than Américain.”

“Nah, I can’t do that.” I laughed trying to remove her hand from my shirt without being rude. 

She was gorgeous and I’m a nigga, so you know I wanted to know what that foreign kush was like. But Amb was my girl, and temporary ass is not worth ruining a long-term relationship. I don’t care how good it look. The grass is not greener on the otherside.

I saw the look of disappointment on her face.

“I see. Well your girlfriend is a lucky woman.”

“I think it’s the other way around.”

August.” I was walking out the gas station eating a bag of chips when Sevyn handed me a flyer.

She was looking all Kerry Washington-ey from Scandal.

“What’s this?” I looked at it chewing.

“We’re holding a “Don’t Shoot Rally” for the youth lost to gun violence in the city and around the world.”

“Who’s we?”

“Mayor Parker. “

“Oh.” I rolled my eyes and handed it back to her.

“What? You don’t like him?”

“Not really.” I sat on the hood of Cha’s car eating my chips.

“He is really going to do some amazing things for the city. I worked on his campaign and he’s a really sweet guy. You just got to know him.”

“I don’t trust politicians. Especially nigga like him.” I said not really caring.

“What he’d ever do to you?” She let out a slight laugh.

“His hand always in another nigga pot.”

“He does not steal money. Don’t put that out there.”

“He still other things.” I scoffed thinking about Amb.

“Let me guess you’re a black Republican?”

“I’m from the RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH PARTY. I don’t vote for none of these niggas. Besides. I’m not from Atlanta. He ain’t my mayor.” I popped some chips in my mouth, crunching.

“To each it’s own, Uncle Tom.”

I laughed, “Why I gotta be all that?”

“Just saying a man who isn’t politically and socially awake, is apart of the living dead.”