Part 2

John Cena and Randy Orton arrived early to talk to Teddy Long before the show in Memphis. Teddy was just setting up some scripts for some of the women superstars. He was particularly occupied with Trish Stratus that he didn’t see Cena and Orton walk up behind him.

John’s voice exceeded their conversation. He wasn’t loud, just demanding. "Teddy, Randy and I need to have a word with you about the show tonight." Teddy turned around and was startled with how close the two superstars were to him. He knew they had found out about the relationship deals that were supposed to take place.

Teddy stepped back a couple feet, and fixed his tie, trying to seem professional. His dark grey suit fit him perfectly, concealing every ounce of suspicion in his pockets. "Gentlemen, lets take this to my office shall we?" Teddy walked past them and down the hall into what was his temporary office for the night.

He sat down behind a very pricy looking desk and hesitated as Cena and Orton stood near the door. They stood tall and crossing their arms.

"Gentlemen, we need to discuss what’s gonna happen in tonight’s show."

"Yes we do," Orton and Cena simultaneously agreed.

"Orton ... Cena ...we are going to have you two starting a fake relationship with two other men. It’s going to keep the show intrigued, and it’s going to sucker in more people. We need our ratings to go higher."

Cena chuckled sarcastically. "Teddy, are you serious man? We already have some of the highest ratings in all of television history! We don’t need to start changing things to get more ratings. We’re perfectly fine, and we’re not doing that."

"Cena you have no choice. When I’m General Manager, I make the rules around here. And if you don’t like it, then you can get the hell out of this business. Now listen, Chris Masters and Chris Jericho are also in a relationship, but they have openly agreed to doing this for the show. And besides you guys need to remember that it’s nothing more than an act."

Randy stepped forward. "Sir, we understand that you want it this way, but we don’t want to get involved with Chris Masters. He’s nothing but bad news and you know that. We all know that. We don’t want to get associated with that."

"I understand that Randy, believe me I do. But everything that’s been said about Masters is nothing more than a rumor. You are both going to do it. Now I have scripts in your rooms that you can look over tonight. You both know what to do, now please start getting ready for the show tonight." Teddy Long stood up from his chair, walked around his desk, and walked between Cena and Orton standing near the door. Teddy left the office to go back to Trish Stratus.

Orton looked at Cena. "John, most people don’t know this, but I do have an emotional side. I don’t want that to get screwed up by Chris Masters."

"I know Randy, and I understand that. But maybe it’ll be the other way around. Maybe I’ll get stuck with Chris Masters and you will end up with Jericho. Let’s just hope for the best and go see what our General Manager has us doing tonight." They held each other’s hand until they separated into their own dressing rooms.

Randy Orton looked at his script. He was reading through it and so far everything seemed fine. There were small mentions of Jericho’s name in the script, so his hopes were starting to rise. But then he came to page 6. There it was.... Chris Master’s name. It was bolded and underlined. The part of the script detailed that Randy would be hitting on Masters. Randy was shocked. The script fell out of his hand as he stood there. Then the door slammed open and John Cena stood in the doorway, just as shocked as he was.

"John I can’t do this!" Randy repeated himself over and over again, letting his emotional side kick in. Cena was sitting next to Orton on the small grey sofa. He sat there trying to comfort Orton to the best of his abilities, but nothing was working. "John I really don’t think I can do this."

"I know I can." Shocked by the familiar voice, Cena and Orton looked up in the doorway to see Chris Masters standing there with a sly grin across his face. He stood there for a while, staring down John Cena and Randy Orton. With another sly grin on his face, he walked away down the hall.

The show was going to start soon, and so far, Randy Orton had spent his time freaking out. John Cena was supposed to be starting out the show with a small speech, that led to Jericho coming into the ring. This was not going to be an easy night, but Randy Orton wasn’t about to lose his job.

"Randy, I love you, and I promise that nothing is going to happen to you tonight. If I have to make up my own script I will. You’ll be fine." And with those spiritual words, Cena kissed Orton on the cheek and ran out of the room to the stage doors. He was getting ready for his entrance. The music started up. Cena waited for his cue, and then ran out onto the stage to please the people in tonight’s performance, leaving Orton to freak out some more before it was his turn to get out there.

Cena did his little speech, only to be interrupted by Chris Jericho like the script said. Chris Jericho gave Cena a kiss on the cheek, and Cena acted like he liked it a little, but only because his job would have been on the line. You can’t argue with the GM in a business like this.

But now it was Orton’s turn. He left his emotional side in his dressing room. He came out and did his little thing on stage just like Cena did, and Chris Masters did the same as Jericho. There were a few differences, in word choice and such, but basically both relationships started out the same way. And the relationships between Cena and Orton, Masters and Jericho, were both crumbling, only to the public’s knowledge.