t w o

Brooklyn’s POV

Oh god. I’m doing this for two weeks of free grocery? What the fuck was I thinking?

I clearly don’t belong here, seeing all the women around me was blonde, skinny, tall and in tight dresses. And then there’s me, brunette, average weight, average height, plain cheap dress with flats.

I mean, yeah I get to interview The Harry Styles, but this seriously is making me feel so uncomfortable. I fidget in my seat as I wait for one of his assistants, Candace; I think her name is, to let me in his office.

I fiddle with my phone in my hands, practising the questions that are in my notes. I decided to put them on my phone instead, to save the trouble

“Miss Wood?” Candace calls. “Y-yes?” I shudder. Pull yourself together, Brooke. You can do this shit. Just ask a few questions and get the heck out of this building which seems to look like a prostitution house.

“Mr Styles is ready to see you,” she smiles widely from her desk.

I slowly walk to the door which said ‘Mr Styles’ on it. I touch the handle and hesitate. I turn back at Candace who is watching me intensely. “Go on,” she mouths.

I push the big door open and it revealed a big, glossy office. Holy shit, everything here looks so expensive. I better not touch anything then.

There is a big dark desk near the far corner of the room attached with two chairs – that look highly comfortable. On the wall at left from where you walk in  are paintings of the beautiful New York City. There was also a black coffee table with two black chairs at the edge of the table, complementing the white gloss of the room.

I see a man sitting down on the big office chairs in his desk, facing the window with an amazing view of the lovely ‘Big Apple’ in the afternoon.

I stand there where the door is for a while.

“Take a seat, Miss Wood,” a deep voice calls out.

I nod and slowly walk towards the two chairs in front of the desk.

I clear my throat and he turns around relieving a pair of beautiful dark green eyes attached to a goddamn sexy face. He was wearing a dark suit, with no tie or bow.

Holy fuck, my eyes widen as I see his face. He looks even better. He smirks at me. He looks at me from head to toe and I feel him judging me, immediately making me feel very self-conscious.

“What can I do for you?” he asks quietly.

“Yeah uhm, M-Mr Styles. I c-can here to do an i-interview?” Damn me and my lousy shutters. I honestly hate myself at this very moment.

Why am I so not-confident? I’m usually not like this.

“Mhmm,” he simply replies, urging me to go on.

“Okay, uhm..” I unlock my phone and I see him staring at me.

“When did you first know you wanted to be in business?” I ask. Wow, what unique questions, Alice.

He scoffs.

“Do you know how long it takes to even be sitting here right now?” he says as he leans on the table and clasps his hands together.

“N-no, sir,” I say while looking down at my phone.

“Look at me,” he demands and I do as I’m told.

“6 months, if not a year or so. So it takes you that long just to be here, and you ask stupid, overused questions like that? I mean, you look like a smart girl. Why ask stupid questions like that? You’re extremely lucky I felt sorry for you when you fell to actually I invited you to interview me.” he raises his voice.

I sit down straight, more confidently.

“Well, first off, I didn’t write these questions. If you want more unique questions, then fine.” I tell him.

“How does it feel to have articles and photos of you sleeping in bed with other women?” I ask harshly without even thinking. Oops?

We stare at each other silently for a moment.

“I-I’m so sorry. It just came ou-“

“I don’t even care. Everyone knows I’m the best in the business. Nothing else matters when you have money and can continue receiving money. Sex? Women? No big deal.” He replies calmly.

Wow, what a cocky little sonofabitch!

“Up yourself much,” I say quietly, hoping he couldn’t hear me.

“Excuse me?” he says. “You’re excused,” I reply. Oooh, apply some ice to that burn, cocky littler fuck.

“You know, Miss Wood, may I call you Brooklyn? Well, Brooklyn, I don’t like sarcastic people. In fact I hate it. I also hate people who don’t say things to my face. Now will you please say that again, maybe a bit louder?” he orders.

“I said and quote ‘up yourself much.’”

“Ah, that’s better. And yes, I might be.

Anyway, please do continue.”

“Unique questions…” I mutter, looking around the room tapping my leg.

He stares at me peacefully and to be honest, it’s creeping me out a little.

“Why do you only hire blondes?” I ask. Oh my god. What the fuck was that? It literally just came out.

He gives me a smirk, “Why, are you thinking of getting a job here?” He asks.

“No. Just wondering,” I shrug.

“Because blondes are good fucks. Obviously,” he states.

I grape at him. Is that all he ever thinks about?

“I’m kidding. I don’t know, they just seem to fit the job description. It’s none of your business as to who works here anyway.” He says with a hint of anger in his voice. “Besides, I don’t fuck my workers.”

Well…

I clear my throat and pray I don’t say anything stupid this time.

He looks so tense and it honestly isn’t a good look on him.

 “Uh, why did you drop out of school so early?” I read off my phone. Fuck ‘unique questions,’ I would probably slap the fuck out of his beautiful, perfect face if he said stuff like that again. It intimidated me.

“Because I hate school. It didn’t do me any good, so I decided to self-teach.”

“And you were successful?”

“Of course. Look at this place. Look at where I am right now. If I would’ve stayed in school, heck, I’d probably still be in school.”

“I thought you got all this from your father,” I mumble quietly.

“DON’T,” he gets up and slams the desk with his fist, “talk about my father.”

“O-okay, s-sorry,” I quickly apologise. I guess I’m going back to the not so confident Brooke.

“Uhm, where did you the money to start this business?” I ask him.

“People. I had a lot of friends.”

“Had?” I ask.

“Have. I meant have,” he responds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooh, apply some water to that burn.

Hahah, PLEASE vote and comment, it would mean the whole world to me :)

And thanks dreamingstarsx for making the front cover ily angela! 

AND THANK YOU seasidestyles FOR READING THE FIRST CHAPTER AND GIVING ME YOUR THOUGHTS IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME