Radar

I walked into Nick's class and immediately took a seat next to Josh determined to fly way below Nick's radar as Kevin had instructed. "I talked to Kevin about you coming over for a study date." I whispered to Josh who immediately whipped his head around and locked eyes with mine.

"And...?" He questioned, his interest peaked.

"And he said yes."

Josh's eyes widened momentarily in shock before narrowing as he gave me a devilish grin. "You want to kiss me." he teased.

I rolled my eyes at his assumption, "I want to get my homework finished and you are a self-proclaimed genius at history, this is a means to an end...not a ploy to make out with you."

"Whatever you say Miss Jonas." He said silencing his phone before sliding it into his backpack. "What time will you be requiring my means to your end..."

"Dirty."

Josh smirked, "your words, not mine."

"Right after school?" I questioned lowering my voice as Nick walked out of his office and toward the front of the class.

"As you wish," he said turning to face the front of the class as the bell rang and Nick made his way around the room passing out slips of paper to the students.

"Good morning," Nick greeted the class, his demeanor seeming less grumpy than I had anticipated. "I am passing out slips of paper to each of you, I would like you all to write down a topic of discussion, there are no limits to the subject matter simply that it must pertain to something that you as a teen are faced with or effected by...all topics will be anonymous and a slip of paper will be chosen at random for today's discussion, please keep in mind when choosing your topic that I will be a part of this group discussion."

"How about bastard love children as a topic," I whispered only loud enough for Josh to hear, he chuckled quietly shaking his head.

"Please keep in mind when choosing your topic that your belt toting brother will be a part of this group discussion," Josh paraphrased.

"You're right, pre-marital sex it is," I said shooting Josh a grin.

"What happened to flying below the radar?"

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, Peanut butter...crunchy? or smooth?" I whispered before folding my slip of paper and passing it toward the front to be collected.

"'Cause that's a real hot topic issue for teens today," Josh teased, "and totally anonymous, he will never guess you submitted that."

"Shut up, I'm flying below the radar remember...what was your topic?"

"Ok" Nick said collecting the last of the slips into a bowl and mixing the contents around before jutting it toward a student in the front row who selected a slip. "Friends with benefits" he read aloud before cocking a brow toward the class. "This should be interesting."

I turned to Josh and cocked a brow, "Seriously?"

He chuckled putting his hands up in mock surrender, "Wasn't me."

"Alright, in your words, what is a friend with benefits...John?" Nick questioned taking a seat on the edge of his desk at the front of the class.

I turned my head toward my brother's first victim to find him doing a very convincing impression of a deer in headlights, poor boy...no one in their right mind wanted to answer that question.

"A friend with benefits is someone that you enjoy the perks of dating with but hold no accountability to commitment-wise." My head immediately whipped toward Josh in horror.