~Chapter 10~

Recap:

My heart was beating rapidly that it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. I wasn’t sure how long I was laying here, but it felt like forever, although it could've just been 30 minutes. I haven't really been hearing anything, but it isn't until the click of the door opening that I officially feel nervous.

~~~~~

"Mia Cara, are you still awake?" I don't hear him move around so I don't know where he is around the room. Sweat is covering my body, from all the nervousness during the wait.

"Yes," I say lowly. I start to play with my fingers on my bare stomach. My heart was beating rapidly, and I started to think   about the fact that I was going to have to give up my virginity to him, my mate, tonight. I didn't know if it was for sure or not, but if he told me to do whatever he wanted to do, then I was sure I'd eventually lose it to him. Hopefully, maybe he'd see I was saving myself for him, and he'd stay with me.

I hear a sigh from somewhere across the room, and then I hear," Sorry Mia Cara, I can't do this right now. I got a call from Jules saying they're going to come back tomorrow. Get dressed, and we're leaving tomorrow morning. You can take this room. I'm staying in the next room." And with that, I hear the door swiftly opening, then closing quickly after.

I wait a few minutes to calm my beating heart, and then slide off the blindfold. The light was still on, and I decide to get off the bed to gather appropriate pajamas in my suitcase. I head to the connected bathroom, and it was just as luxurious as the bedroom. Wide space with beautiful white and teal, aqua, and turquoise colors one the floors with a warm beige color on the wall. Everything is spotless, and it helped me relax more. I head over to the tub where I pull out the hot and cold handles and put in bubble bath solution not caring what scent it was, until the tub becomes filled with warm water and bubbles. I strip out of the lingerie, and climb into the tub.

Here, I think about what just happened. Am I really not that important to him that he'd dump me just like that when it came to Julia? I guess I was. Thinking more about my situation, makes me realize I've been a pushover, but I couldn't help it. I always thought mates would love you forever, and you'd be the most important person to them that no one else would matter. After everything I've been through my whole life, I just wanted to be loved, and this was the closest way I could get to it, being my mate's slave.

Not knowingly, tears started to escape my eyes, and I knew that after everything I was just wasn’t meant to be loved at all. How could I? When I couldn't even fight for myself. After sometime in the tub, and the water was getting cold, I got out wrapped myself in a fluffy white bathrobe and headed towards the mirror. I looked at myself seeing red splotches on my face from crying. My dark brown hair reached mid-shoulder, and my matching dark brown almond-shaped eyes was staring back at me, criticizing me for why I've never been loved. They say when you love yourself, others would too, but it doesn't cut out for me because, even though I do love myself, I was also weak to fight back for that love.

I robotically headed back in the room and towards the bed, in which I lay on, not caring that I was just in a bathrobe and my hair was wet. Out of nowhere, a bright shine of light glows at the edge of the bed, and I'm thinking what the fudge is going on. Then, a silhouette appears, and from the shape, I could tell it's a woman. It's so bright, I had to shield my eyes with my forearm. When the light slowly starts to vanish, I remove my arm, and let my eyes to start adjusting back.

"Hello, my dear child," an elderly feminine voice says. I look closer, and from what I can tell it's an elderly woman that looks like one of those grandmothers that gave a boat load of cookies to their grandchildren. Her face was aligned with wrinkles, but from what I can tell she was a jolly woman because they were mostly laugh lines. Her white hair was in a bun, and she wore a long white clothing. She was smiling at me, and I couldn't help but smile back. Naomi yelps happily, and I could hear her running around in circles in excitement.