The Twelve

The Coming

Aeon, The Creator and Lord of the Universe looked into the wide expanse of the cosmos remembering the exact moment when what he was exploded during a moment of intense contemplation. Twelve million millennia had passed since that moment. He spent the time naming the galaxies, planets, and stars while maintaining the mathematical balance necessary to sustain the universe. The complexity and labor of the task gave him very little time to focus on anything else, as the Universe continued to expand with a constant increase of galaxies, planets, black holes, pocket dimensions, and the Parallel Universe that was the result of the energies and images that resonated from Aeon’s Mind.

          Aeon realized that the Universe might never cease expanding while he was actively using his own power, as he was tied to all the energies of the cosmos. With the creation of each new celestial body his work grew and taxed his powers and the Universe exploded again. This second explosion was far different from the first that had given him physical form and the coming of the Universe. It was a physical explosion emerging from his core. That day was the first day that the gases comingled with one another creating small explosions of their own. Comets and asteroids burst open into the black void of the Universe; stars erupted with flame and light. Suns and moons glowed with radiance, and the Universe became a moving entity, controlled only by the precise mathematics of Aeon’s power.

          The Creator smiled at that moment, falling more deeply in love with what his mind and body birthed. But it came at a cost. The vast energies that gave life to the celestial bodies constantly fed off of Aeon’s vastness as the Universe continued to expand as he thought pass what was already there. He realized by looking into a future without his intervention; that once all of his energy was taken by the Universe, it would explode again returning him to his original form, thus destroying the beauty of the Universe that he now gained pleasure from seeing and loved immensely.

          With the knowledge of the future now impressed upon him, he decided that in order to maintain the Universe, he would have to remove himself from the physical plain by submerging himself into a stasis sleep. The sleep would rapidly slow the growth of the Universe and allow the energies to sustain themselves rather than feed from him directly.

Aeon’s first stasis lasted for twenty four million millennia. Aeon determined that it would be necessary for him to recharge himself for twice the amount of time that it took him to allow the Universe to expand to its current depth, because his plan was to create for himself a companion, who would aid him in the creation of complex life, as well as maintaining the balance of the Universe while he was in stasis sleep.

          Emerging from this stasis, Aeon could feel the immediate pull on his power from the Universe, but it was not as violent as it had been when he drew nearer to his stasis. Though as weak as it was to him, it created a massive sonic boom of energy that returned the Universal expansion to its previous speed. He knew that his long sleep had allowed him to amass enough energy to do the necessary work in creating his companion.

          Aeon would call him Thutmos, which means Charm of the Sacred. Aeon spent ten million millennia molding Thutmos from the Universe’s energies and his own power. Aeon begin to have a conversation about Thutmos’s tasks and the coming of life through Aeon’s hand.

          “Where should we begin?” Aeon asked his voice akin to the sound of a trillion raging storms. The sound wave that emanated from his voice cracked the surfaces of the celestial bodies, giving them their original shapes.