Chapter Nine

Chapter 9:

Nikki and Brie were standing in the back waiting for us and quickly Nikki pulls Nick’s hand out of mine, “Storyline’s suck, they should put us in a storyline together we have way more chemistry than you guys do.” Nikki pouts wrapping Nick’s arms around her waist he looks uncomfortable but again he isn’t pulling away.

“Is there a reason you are still here?” Brie asks getting in my face, I turn to Nick to see if he would say something but he doesn’t even look, again let down. “Shoo!” she says waving her hand,

“You two deserve each other.” I spit to him and storm off, I swear Nick loves nothing more but to build me up and tear down like an old deserted building no one cares about anymore. I pace back and forth in our dressing room, “Fucking asshole.” I utter to myself as the anger boils within, did he only pretend to love me so he could see Angel? I punch the locker closest by denting it pretty bad,

“Ow, are you okay?” I hear behind me, my hand was throbbing with pain but if that was a Bella twin or Nick I was going to swing again, I turn around and see Ashley and Cody holding hands.

“My hand is fine, but I think I’m quitting this job.” I say pushing past them and heading for Triple H’s office,

“Wait, Vixy seriously don’t do this!” Ash screams running behind me with Cody right behind her, she grabs my hurt hand making me stop in my tracks. “Vixy, what happened just talk with me…I can help, but don’t quit you are too good.” Her eyes were full of worry.

“Why do you care?” I snap and she is obviously taken back by surprise at the harshness in my voice, she opens her mouth but just stares at me for a moment.

“…Well I thought we were friends…” she stares at me clearly hurt by me questioning that, but I just need to be left alone I don’t need people to keep building me up I can’t take it when all they ever do is knock me back down, lower than I was before.

“You just met me, Ashley. It takes more than just saying hi to someone to make them your friend, so just leave me alone.” She looks at me tears beading in her eyes it was very apparent to me that she was trying to decide whether or not to leave, I make it easier and start to walk away.

“Babe, just leave it alone.” Cody says I guess she tried to follow me, I glance over my shoulder just slightly and see Ashley crying into Cody’s chest and I feel really bad but I knew it would only be worse if I had friends here.

I take a deep breath trying to suck in all of my emotions before walking into Hunter’s office, “Vixy, wasn’t expecting you something wrong?” He asks I open my mouth but before I could he speaks up again. “Oh by the way, you did great tonight seriously everything went perfectly and Dolph’s new look shocked the Universe you and him are the best we have right now.” He smiles proud,

“I think I need to quit.” I say quickly his smile fades just as quickly as it was there,

“You can’t just quit…you have a contract.” He fixes his suit proud that he remembered that it was clear he thought he had me.

“I don’t care, you guys can sue me if you want honestly I don’t have much anyways. I just need out of this place before I go insane,” his smile fades again but he takes a seat on the edge of his desk and gestures for me to sit in the chair in front of him, I do.

“Why don’t we just talk about this, you are a great talent and we would hate to lose you so tell us what we have to do to keep you here.”

“Fire Dolph.” His eyes go wide with shock, he shakes his head clear of confusion.

“Whoa, whoa, I thought you guys were friends? And honestly Dolph is bringing in just as much money as you are, no offence but your character would be nothing without him nor him without you.”

“We were but it just isn’t working anymore, I get what you are saying that is why I told you I needed to quit, I don’t want you to fire him I just don’t want to be around him…” he eyes me probably trying to figure out a way to keep me here,

“How about this I pay you more, you keep this storyline going on until you dump him then you never have to work together again. That or you can quit but you will never get this job back…”