Chapter Seven

Chapter 7:

Lying on the couch I was watching Monday Night Raw replaying Dolph and I’s part over and over, I was so sure it was genuine but maybe he really is just a good actor. There was a light knock at the door I furrow my brow looking at the clock, 11pm “Who is it?” I yell whisper.

“It’s me…” rings the voice that always used to steal my heart but now it just made it furious, I open the door stepping outside with him closing it behind me.

“You have some nerve, showing up here like it’s no big deal guess what you fucked up! Now because of that you are no longer seeing MY daughter so hold on to the little picture cause it’s as close as you’ll ever get to her!” I nearly scream pushing him just slightly turning to go back in, he catches my arm.

“This isn’t my fault please, Victoria! Just let me explain,” his eyes were watery again the thought of him maybe just being a good actor comes to mind, I give a slight nod and he carries on. “I was on my way before you even texted me but Nikki came over and when you texted she was by the phone she freaked out and didn’t believe the whole daughter thing…I swear I tried to get away from her but she said she wouldn’t let me go unless she could come. I knew it would piss you off if I brought her and there was a chance you would do this and never let me see Angel again…” he trails off his words getting stuck in his throat as a few tears start to run down his cheeks,

“Dolph…” I start his eyes showing hurt from me not using his real name, “Angel cried herself to sleep tonight, hugging our prom picture…I would rather her have no dad than a disappointing one…” I walk back into the apartment as my heart ached I didn’t like having to tell him that but I knew it was needed, I look through the peep hole and see Dolph standing there dumbfounded as tears fall down his face. “Looks like everyone is crying themselves to sleep tonight…” I utter as tears burn my throat…

I walk into the arena and I swear everyone’s eyes were on me, I walk the usual way trying to ignore the awkward silence. “She is here…” I thought I heard a guy mumble into his headset, I sped up wondering who he was signaling.

“Vixy,” I hear behind me, no longer need to wonder I thought as I turn to find Triple H. Great he is going to fire me for going off script so many times last week… “I just wanted to tell you the writes loved what you added to the script, it was the most talked about thing all week!” he smiles big, “You are going places kid.”

“Thanks,” I mumble with a well-placed smile, I actually had a match tonight against Nikki Bella Dolph is supposed to stop her from doing twin magic which helps me get the win. I stand in the doorway of our dressing room trying to figure out if I should even bother going in…I could always go in one of the girls’ I’m sure they wouldn’t mind.

“Please just come in…” I hear his voice whisper, I stand there still considering I know I could leave and he wouldn’t follow but a part of me really just wanted to see his face. My love for him wins as I walk into the room and I was shocked by what I saw, his hair was short and brown again his ring attire no longer about showing off they simply say Ziggler.

“W- what happened to you?” I stammer as shock takes over, I examine him and everything about him just screams Nick… he takes a step closer taking his hand in mine.

“I did this for Angel and you… I don’t know how the WWE Universe will respond they may not want me here anymore but I wanted to prove to you that I can be Nick, not Dolph.” His eyes plead with mine and my heart was in my throat pounding hard as my hands got sweaty,

“I don’t understand what you are asking…” I take a seat as the room starts to spin I felt like I was stuck in a dream, and to be honest I really didn’t want it to end. He bends down to my height cupping my face in his hands and pushing his lips on mine, sparks fly and I just knew it was all Nick no Dolph.

He puts his forehead on mine both of us breathing hard as passion ran through our veins, “I want us to be a family.” His eyes locked on mine and that’s when something came to mind,

“Nick, you may be you again but that doesn’t change the past…”

“Now I don’t understand…” he trails off,

“I mean Nikki…you aren’t single. I don’t know if we can just pick up where we left off nearly 6 years ago, we have grown a lot since then we are different people.” He sits down beside me taking my hand in his,

“I will deal with Nikki, and I think we could. I know you felt that instant connection when we saw each other again, we could spend a life time apart and we would still find each other and have that same love and passion between us cause let’s face we were made for each other, Tor.”