Chapter One

When I get older... I will be stronger.

They'll call me freedom... just like the waving flag.

Why is the sky blue? Answers surge up in many different directions. Something about the sun radiating rays and how it reflects down on... well the idea is that the explanation on why the sky is blue is way too complex for an eleventh grader to even understand. It would be a lot easier if scientist would just team up all together and think of a simplistic explanation towards it. But then again that's just my rebellious adolescent mind running wild, questioning everything that is told to me.

Then again why does everything in the world annoy me so much? Like the constant taping sound that is coming from Greg Wakaousky who's right in front of me. Or the annoying sight of the neon yellow highlights from this goth girl that thinks she's going against society. Or even the smell of garlic that is coming from Tom Swayer whom is flirting to this air headed pixie wanna be Layla Summers.

Someone just end my misery all ready.  

"What do you think Jayce don't you think Cam and Ron are so meant for each other?" The annoying soprano high tone of Lidia chirping right next to my ear.

What do you mean what do I think if they are meant for each other? Ron is a disgusting perv that only wants to get laid every weekend so he can go ahead and brag about how the girl was an animal. Not to mention that Cam is a stupid abbreviation for Camille which just emphasizes how much of an air head she is that she doesn't even realize that she will just fall under the teen pregnant school percentage nationwide. Considering this, I'd say hell no they are not meant to be together. Camille probably has a good chance to be able to participate in America's Next Top Model and have a chance of living the Dream Blonde Life if she is not with that idiot of a jock.

"Tots, he is like the absolute catch. And you Cammy are so gorgeous. You two complement each other like peanut butter and jelly." I make my voice sound supper preppy and I just completely want to kill myself.

Every one squeals and Camille has this sparkle in her eyes as she felt so gleeful in hearing what she just wanted to hear. Another hour dragged on as I practically tortured my ears to hear their thoughts. How Rin got a yin-yan necklace from Daniel and how she is planning on losing it in her parents cabin up in Colorado for winter break.

 I walked down the hall trying my best to keep in touch with whatever all three girls are saying. I needed to know how to please them without ruining my image. I kept my smile and composure nodding in just the right places.

I stopped at my locker reaching out to get my books for psychology class. I have no idea why on earth did it occur to me to sign up to a class that had the ability to get my secret out. But then again I can't hide my fascination towards understanding the human mind. No matter how hard I try to lie to myself and say that it's just to kill time. I knew the truth... I always knew the truth. Suddenly and arm is wrapped around my neck turning me over to face something.

Get your sweaty disgusting hands off of me!

"What's going on?" I chirp but all I could feel was the excitement radiating from Rin's body as she makes small in place jumps.

"OMG OMG OMG, its SEAN!" She whisper's yells in my ear and all I want to do is shove her off of me. But Cam and Roxy all swooned in sync together as the most idiotic rugged looking apparently hot guy in school walks in front of us smoking his vapor right pass many of the guards. Lately there's been a debate about the new vapors that have now become the new epidemic. I haven't really been interested in finding out in detail what those things were and their purpose, but it was pretty clear that they are acceptable in any buildings so far.

Sean didn't look like he cared about anything or anyone that was anywhere near him. Kind of like the rebel without a cause vibe except this guy...

"Sean I like you and I think you're so sweet and kind and..." One of the popular red head girls went up to him, and like all of them she confessed her undying love in which he responds.

"Why don't you be honest? You just want to have a guy that your parents don't approve so you can drive them insane as you try to be very intimate to prove the point that you are in control of your actions." He said inhaling the vapor and exhaling it right above him.

"Ouch, so blunt but so hot," Cammy sighs and I feel like I want to puke.

"But no that's not..." The girl like all the other's was shocked and had no idea how to respond to him.

"Besides I don't like you, and I'm not interested in any type of relationship." He says as he leans over and whispers something to her ear. The red head's eyes popped open and looked at him in loss of words. Just like the rest of them. Sean always does that to every girl that confesses to him. He first bluntly refuses them and whisper's something that no girl has ever revealed for anyone to know. It left me curious but not enough to get to know the guy.

"Another one bites the dust while the most desirable bachelor walks away without a care in the world." Roxy shakes her head and I go back to my locker not caring for anything else that Sean Blackwater would want to do. So not interested.

"Why are you the only one that is immune to Sean's presence?" Cammy wails just to be excessively dramatic.

Maybe because my mission in life is to not even be remotely close to a guy that enjoys seeing girls suffer as they fall to his feet. 

"Of course I'm not immune to his presence, but you know what they say. The best game to play is the hard to get one." I said smiling sweetly at them as I flipped my long Californian tipped hair and walked towards my class.

"Well I'll see you girls in lunch kay?" I waved bye and internally thank God for the one class I didn't have with these air heads. I'm the first one to walk into class but there was only like about ten minutes more before class started. I bet everyone else is printing out their last minute assignments. I take out my notebook and began doodling my little cartoon that I've been working on since freshman year.

It was a pretty tough first year of high school especially when I had decided to work on my iconic image as one of the popular girl's in school. But that meant that I had to lie constantly more than I was use to back in elementary and middle school. There was a point in the year when I felt like I was suffocating and was going to die if I just didn't voice out what I was really thinking. Then again no one would care if I say the truth or lie.

One day I took out a pencil and began to doodle. At first it was just a few character sketches about a girl. The girl that I wanted to be. The character had a short pixie hair style with rocking floral designs as clothing. I called her Water Lily. Her light blue eyes seeing the world clearly as it was. Then I thought of a plot I remembered the story of Pinocchio and began to draw my own version. One of my doodles accidentally got out and was discovered by some comic book company and I made my debut.

"And so she draws." I hear a husky pretty sexy voice whisper at my ear. My pencil dropped and I shut close my notepad. I stood up straight and I hear the same voice chuckle behind me.

"Hmm that's interesting why you hide it." I feel like I want to tense up.

This is insane! What the hell does he think he is? Some freaking wise ass that can irk just about anyone?!

Then it hit me, there was only one guy that can just irk me by the sound of his voice. The wise ass gets up from the seat behind me and just walks around me placing his hand on my notepad.

"Why can't you say anything? Are you shocked by my sudden approach?" He says smirking at me, but always managing to speak his mind.

God give me the strength! Give me the strength! To not kill this wanna be ass wipe!