Chapter Forty Eight

------------------------------------

Dedication: Alejandrogene for the awesome cover on the side! Thank you very much for it, I love it. <3

Also, thank you to Satancc for sending me the link to this youtube video. ---->>

(If unavailable, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPKG1-3LXBs)

It does go well with my story, thanks for showing me! :D

-------------------------------------

I could almost hear the clock ticking ever so slowly as I sat on my bed, legs folded underneath me, a book planted in my hands. Rachel, well, Mum... was meant to be coming over tonight. For 'bonding' time. I plan to confront her about seeing someone else behind Dad's back.

After having read the same line about seven times, I gave up on trying to read. With a sigh, I packed the book away and rested back on my pillow, my eyes heavy. I let myself relax for a while, trying to get my mind off the slower-then-a-snail time.

I heard a knock and a sing-song voice call out and I bounded from my bed and out to the door. I wrenched open the door, coming face to face with her. A grin lit up her face instantly and she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Hi honey."

"Mum," I said stiffly with a nod. I took a step back, breaking contact with her. With a warm smile, she entered, looking around.

"Is James around?" she questioned.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked, avoiding her question and trying to maintain eye contact with her. "In my room, please?"

"Sure?" 

I inclined my head and she fell into step with me. We entered my room and I shut the door behind me quietly. I leaned back on it with my arms folded. I surveyed her quickly. She had a nice, red top on with some dark jeans. She looked lovely.

"Are you seeing someone else?" I blurted out, going directly to the point.

Her eyes widened slightly, her lips parted. She stared at me in surprise for a couple of moments, before sighing deeply. "I am."

I nodded, biting my lip. "Does he know?"

"No..."

"Of course he doesn't. Just like the first time, right?" I asked bitterly, anger boiling up inside me to the extent of me wanting to physically hit something. My Dad was a good person and an amazing father. How she could continuously do this to him was infuriating.

"You don't understand, Emma."

"Then enlighten me?" 

She pursed her lips at me, shifting her weight from one foot to the other uncomfortably. "This isn't the right time."

"The right time?" I echoed. "I think it's perfect."

"Was that you, Rachel?" I heard my Dad's voice filter through. I ground my teeth together when she yelled back. 

"We'll talk about this later."

"Yes." I said flatly. "We will."

She brushed passed me and opened the door, walking away briskly. My upper lip curled slightly as I saw her go and hug him, planting a kiss half on his lips, half on his cheek. I felt my face grow hot and my fists clench.