SNEAK PEEK

"You're mine Genevieve," He growled. "Human or not!" His deep voice sounded throughout the dark forest.

Hearing my name come from his mouth sent my heart into overdrive. I pushed my burning legs faster, willing them to carry on, my ponytail swinging from side to side. The cold air rushed by my face, bringing tears to my eyes. This was not possible! I couldn't be his. I was human, not some supernatural being!

"Genevieve," He called. "You can't hide from me." He sounded closer, too close.

Don't look back. I thought to myself, while trying to run faster. 

The moonlight reflected against the nearby river. I knew I would regret this; I could possibly get hypothermia, yet, with shaking limbs, I jumped into the water. The cold water stabbed my skin like little needles. I held my breath, hoping I could hold it long enough for him to lose me. I shut my eyes tightly, praying that this would be over soon.

Unfortunately, my lungs gave in too soon and I, almost unconsciously, swam back up to the surface. I looked around anxiously with water dripping down my face. It was too dark to see anything besides the trees so I tried to focus on my hearing. All I heard was a scary silence. Why wasn't anyone coming to save me? Did he command them not to? Could he command them not to?

My thoughts were interrupted with my body being lifted into the air. My eyes widened, nearly falling out of their sockets. A hybrid, he is the hybrid! I'm sure my heart stopped for a second, even though I could hear it loudly, its beat pounding in my ears. Surely this was a dream? I shut my eyes in fear of being dropped to the cold, hard forest ground. Although, I would probably prefer being on the ground than in the air.

I suddenly fell into a pair of large, warm arms that wrapped around my body. It was him. I knew it was him before I had even dared to open my eyes. I shivered against his inhumanly warm body, clutching his broad shoulders for support.

"Open your eyes." 

His voice was soft, though it still had a manly drawl to it and was slightly gravelly. 

My heart was thumping against my ribcage like never before. I was glad that I had dark skin or else I would have been blushing from the effect he had on my body. I went against my fear and opened my eyes slowly. I didn't dare look anywhere else than into his stormy grey eyes.

"You're beautiful." He groaned, leaning in and grunting against my trembling lips.

I gasped in fear when his eyes started to glow. He wasn't lying... I was his. I couldn't finish processing the thoughts in my head because his warm lips suddenly crashed against mine.

****
This is my first story, so critique and advice could help a lot :)