Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

As promised the next day Gabe left hell and returned to his club on earth. Leaving Gemma behind, giving me a chance to spend time with her without him being there. I didn’t know if he left for my benefit or because he was really needed back at the club. But I was glad that he wasn’t around. When I had arrived at her room around lunch time I found my step sister sulking over Gabe’s departure. Her behavior reminded me of a spoilt child. I didn’t like that side of her but I forced myself to look past the bratty attitude. She disserved a chance and that was exactly what I was trying to give her.

“If he really loved me he wouldn’t leave me here on my own.” She said pouting her lip.

I sighed having had enough of listening to her repeat the same thing over and over. “Well think of it this way, now that he is away you and I can spend some time alone to get to know one another.” I said trying to sound upbeat about it. I really did suck at this whole sister thing. I rarely ever had close friends so I didn’t really have a clue what to do with her.

“Yeah I guess.” She muttered.  “I know!” She said her face lighting up with a smile “Maybe you could take me to earth and we could do something there? That would be fun.”

“I don’t think I’m allowed to take you to earth Gemma, not until you get your powers under control. We don’t want you burning the humans. I don’t think they would appreciate it.” That sounded like good sisterly advice, I thought giving myself a small pat on the back.

She rolled her eyes at me “Since when do you care about following the rules? You always do what you want to do. Why should now be any different? Is it because you don’t want me to have any fun!” She said raising her voice at me.

I frown at her “What makes you say that?”

Shrugging at me she walks across her room to her closet. “Daddy said he wanted you to stay in here in hell and you refused and left to do your own thing. He said it was for your own safety that you were in danger and should stay here. So why is it ok for you to leave and not me?”

“There is a big difference in him keeping you here and him wanting me to stay.” I said trying my best not to snap at her.

“Really?” She asked “I don’t really see the difference.”

Rubbing my head I could feel a headache forming “You are here because you can’t control your demon and fire power. I have full control of my power I am not at risk of hurting people.”

“But if you are in danger and those who want to harm you end up harming those around you wouldn’t that be the same thing?”

“No” I said frowning, was it the same thing? I shook my head “No because I’m not responsible for others actions only my own.”

“But by being away from here and being in danger puts others I danger, that is your action. Because you choose not to stay where it’s safe.”

“I’m only in danger if they know where I am and they don’t so it’s fine.” I get up from my seat wanting to escape her room. I don’t think I have it in me to be a sister. I have no idea what I’m doing.. I have spent so long on my own taking care of me that I have no idea how to take care of someone else. I would make a terrible mother. I thought having no idea why the idea of being mother entered my mind “I have to go.” I tell her