Moving In With The Green Family

I heard a knock on my door. I'd been playing the Wii while my mom went to the store to get some groceries. I opened the door.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Nicole, you need to come with me, now." My 'aunt' Belle said urgently. She's not really my aunt but she's my mom's best friend.

"What happened? What's wrong?" I asked worried.

"Just come with me." I grabbed my phone and followed her to her Ford Escape. We drove to the hospital in silence. I was wondering what the hell was going on. We got to the hospital and got out of the car. I followed her to the desk.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The lady at the desk asked with a smile.

"Kaitelynn Newman." Belle said. I froze. My mom's in the hospital? Why?

"Relation?" The desklady asked.

"Sister and daughter." Belle said annoyed.

"Room 214."

"Thank you." Belle said dragging me to the elevators, down a hall, and into room 214.

"Kaity!" Belle yelled running to my mom. I stood at the door frozen. There my mom laid with multiple tubes and IVs. Her right arm was in a brace and her left leg was in cast. Her whole body was cover in cuts and bruises. I love her but in all honesty, she looked really bad. That's saying something because my mom's gorgeous. Her eyes started to flutter open when she heard Belle.

"Hey." Mom said weakly. That did for me, I ran over and got on my knees beside her bed.

"Mommy, what happened?" I asked like I was five. The tears started flowing down my cheeks.

"I was headed home when a truck came crashing into me. I flipped a couple times and then I blacked out." She said lowly, not having the strength to talk any louder.

"Mommy." I said simly, sinking onto the floor, crying.

"Now don't cry baby, I'm going to be ok. It might take awhile but I'll get better." Mom said comfortingly.

"But I don't want it to be awhile." I pouted. I know, I'm acting like a little kid, but anyone in my position would.

"I do, too, honey. How about you go get you something to drink." Mom said, giving a weak smile. I sighed and reluctantly left. I went down the hall and found a pop machine. I got a Pepsi and walked back.

"Honey, we need to talk." Mom said.

"Ok." I said sitting on one of the chairs next to her bed.

"I want you to go live with Belle, just untill I can come home."

"When will you be home?" I asked. She sighed.

"I'm having to go to a rehab place for awhile but I don't know how long." She sighed.

"How am I supposed to see you if I go live with Belle?"

"We'll talk, as much as possible."

"But it's not the same mommy." A tear rolled down my cheek. I'm diffiantly a momma's girl, I'm with my mom alot and she's really cool.

"I know baby girl. Look, just go home, pack, and go with Belle." She placed her left hand on my cheek.

"Ok, momma." I said sadly and reluctantly.

"I love you baby girl." She gave another weak smile.

"I love you, too momma." I said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye, Kaity, I'll call you later." Belle said waving at my mom. She led me out of the hospital and back home.

"I guess, I should go pack." I said dragging my feet to my room. I packed up most my stuff. I had three big suitcases, two boxes, and a drawstring bag. Belle helped me put it all in her car. I sighed and climbed in the car. It's an eight hour drive to her house. I decided to sleep on the way there. I can't believe this happened. Now, I'm being sent to live with my 'aunt' and her family. Now we're bout an hour away and I'm awake.

"So, what's your family like?" I thought I'd make conversation.

"Well, there's me, my husband, my seven boys, and my two girls."

"Wait! Seven boys?" I asked in disbelief. She laughed.

"Yeah, I have nine kids, seven boys and two girls. So, it's not likethere's no girls, we're just out-numbered." She laughed again.

"So, what are they like?"

"Trust me, you'll find out. Ok, Aleck is 21, he's here for the summer, between college. Braidon and Cole are my twin boys, they are 18, they're seniors. Dylan is 17, a junior, Emmy and Febee are my twin girls, they're 15, freshmen. Greg is 13, an 8th grader. Hunter is 8, a 3rd grader. Issac is 4 and in Pre-K." She said with a smile.

"Wow." That's the best I could come up with.

"Yeah, no worries, once you meet and live with them, they won't be so confusing." She laughed.

"I'm going to trust you with that." I smiled.

"Oh, and we have three Daschounds, Abbie, Bandit, and Callie. They're so cute."

"Aww, I bet they are." I smiled. I love dogs, especially small dogs.

"Ok, here we are." She said stopping the car in the drive. I gulped and followed her to the door.

"What about my bags?" I asked.

"I'll t a couple of the boys to get them. You ready?" She said, hand on the doorknob.

"Yes." I said, taking a deep breath.

Author comments

Hey, so, I hope yall like my new book. I know there's other books that are kind of like this, but I promise this will be different. Sorry, it's SO short, I promise I'll make the other's longer. So, what yall think? Please, comment &/or vote, please! I love yall!

Teaser: So, time to meet te Green family! :)