012: Pageant

CHAPTER 12: Pageant

"Yah, where do you think Kai's dressing up? What country are they representing?" a female voice from outside the dressing room asked her friend.

"I don't know, I think it was Philadelphia."

"Oh really? Isn't that an American state?"

"Mollasseo [I don't know]," the other girl shrugged, and added, "I suck in History, especially in terms of geography, so don't ask me those questions. What I know is Luhan-oppa is already sitting outside, waiting for the programme to start, with his classmates. "

"Waa~ Let's go outside, I also want to see Luhan-oppa. Kyaa.."

And footsteps from the two girls slowly faded from Jiyeon's and Soyeon's ears. They were at the girls' dressing room. And Soyeon was dressing Jiyeon up.

"Kai Luhan~ Waa~ They're so handsome~" Soyeon mimic the girls in an intimidating way. And then she rolled her eyes while spraying Jiyeon's hair.

"You also noticed that?" Jiyeon asked Soyeon in disbelief.

"Yeah, Kai and Luhan became popular in just a blink. Why'd that happen?"

"That's what I've been asking myself this whole time," Jiyeon shrugged as she removed her robe.

"Omo, you look so pretty Jiyeon-a. You're like a goddess. I'm so proud of myself that I turn an ugly duckling into an elegant goddess." Jiyeon glared at Soyeon's reflection at the mirror. "Of course, that was just a joke. Bbali ka [Faster], go dress up. The show's about to start. So excited." She almost jumped out of the floor from excitement.

After dressing up, she was surprised that only her and Soyeon was the only one in the room, so she assumed that the show's about to start.

When they went out from the room, a familiar voice suddenly whined, "Ugh... It's about time for you to get out." They saw Kai leaning on the wall, looking at his wrist watch. And when he finally lifts his head up, he saw a girl with an angelic face and who looks so elegant. He slightly dropped his jaw when he realizes that she was Jiyeon.

As for Jiyeon, she thought that hair gel looks good on Kai, and he looked like a grown-up man with his get up, which is good. When she noticed that was not saying a thing, she said, "Kai?"

Reality knocks into Kai's world, making him to shake his head. "Let's go." And he actually offers his arms to Jiyeon. Of course, Jiyeon cannot reject his offer.

'Well, I won't see this every day, right? A gentleman Kai,' Jiyeon mock Kai in her thoughts. She wraps her arm around Kai's. And she really needs an escort at this time because she feels like she's going to get blisters from her tight shoes. But of course, she will show no signs that she's injured at the ramp.

"Omo, Break a leg, Jiyeon-a," Soyeon said in English and hugged Jiyeon. "I'm going to watch you outside. So excited." She jumped to release some of the excitement around her body and started skipping to exit the back stage. She almost tripped which made Jiyeon scoffed. But Soyeon keep her cool and start skipping again until finally she went out from the backstage.

Jiyeon gulped from the fact that the show is about to start. She can feel some sweat on her head, good thing, she had a fan as her props, so she fanned herself with it.

"Good luck," Kai said.

"You too, let's just pray we won't fall—"

"Won't fall for each other, why not?" Kai mockingly said.

"Aigooo... this kid," Jiyeon slapped Kai's shoulder with her fan.

Then, the electronic-fashion-ish music plays. Jiyeon suddenly feel the pressure. They're at number 8. The first one who'll go to walk first is the boys, then the girls, and then by pair. Jiyeon looked at Kai, and she was envious but at the same time amazed on how composed Kai is. And she find another cool side of Kai.