The Dream

The point between being asleep and the point of being awake was right where Sherlock was at. He was restless and wired. When his brother had summoned him back to London after putting him on a plane in exile for murder and then revealed that not only did England need him but that the one criminal he thought he had gotten rid of with death or suicide if there were specifics involved, was back and taunting the entire country with a small single phrase, Did you miss me? , that was now inside Sherlocks head, mocking him as if to say

Not even death can stop me, because I faked it Doofus!

Sherlock groaned before rolling over in his already messed up bed from the night before. How could he have been so stupid?! He should have checked the body. But there was no time to have done that. If he had John, Lestrade and Mrs. Hudson would have been dead. There would have been no living with himself then. He made the right choice but still had the consequences to pay for it.

Finally after hours of contemplating the detective slipped off into a light sleep. As his eyes opened Sherlock found himself within his mind palace. Knowing he was asleep he sighed, even without his conscious mind, his subconscious mind was still at work. Turning around he found himself face to face with the consulting criminal.

"Hello Sherlock, have you missed me?" Moriarty smirked, his irish accent surrounding his words.

"Perhaps I have, or perhaps not." Sherlock raised a brow at his enemy "I know you have. Because when you believed I was dead. You were bored. For you are /still/ on the side of the angels. Ohhhhh Well. Your loss."

"That may be so but I have recently killed a man, so I don't know where that puts me now."

"Still right where you were previously. Killing /ordinary/ people makes no difference to your previous status." Jim stepped forwards causing Sherlock to move away. "Oh Sherlock, do stop fearing me. After all, why would I kill you when its you who gives me my reputation as the best criminal? I'm not ready to give that title... Consulting Criminal, away yet."

Taking a few steps closer he trapped the detective against the wall and himself. Leaning forwards as if to kiss him Moriarty tilted his head whispering in his ear.

"Keep your eyes open Sherlock. We'll be in touch soon. Don't you worry."

Bowing his head Jim grazed his lips against Sherlocks neck causing him to shiver slightly from the contact as well as having his heart leap in his chest before gasping awake approximately four hours later.