:A Proscriptive Relationship: 44

"Jeremy..."

Jeremy continued to laugh, ignoring my irritated tone. He had been laughing for the last minute straight, and while at first it was acceptable, now he was just over-doing it. A scowl slipped on my face as I fought the urge to punch the blonde man.

Finally enough was enough and I swiftly brought a clenched fist to his shoulder as hard as I could. Jeremy winced, his laughter ceasing immediately. He looked at me with a frown, rubbing his shoulder.

"Ow. What was that for?"

"For laughing so much! It's not that funny!"

A smirk appeared on Jeremy's face, and it looked like he was holding in more laughter. I narrowed my eyes at him threateningly.

"First, if you're trying to look threateningly, it isn't working," he responded, his smirk growing wider. "You look cute. Like an angry kitten. Second, it is funny. Holly, your confession was so you."

"How is it so me?" I asked, fighting the blush that was trying to appear on my face. "It was an accident! Only idiots blurt out confessions like that..."

"Well..."

"If you're going to say I'm an idiot, I already know," I snapped at Jeremy. "Only I could ruin something as important as that."

Jeremy sighed. "I wasn't going to say that."

"But it's true!"

"Holly, you didn't ruin it," Jeremy told me, reaching over and squeezing my leg hard. "Trust me."

I winced in pain, immediately trying to pull his hand off me. "Ow!"

Jeremy let go immediately, giving me a sheepish grin. "Ah, sorry. But like I said, you didn't ruin it."

"How is that not ruining it? I didn't mean to say it!"

"That's precisely why you didn't ruin it," Jeremy told me, a grin spreading across his face. "It's so you, Holly."

"Is that supposed to be a diss?" I asked, frowning at him.

"Not at all! Holly, it's cute, and probably not what Chris was expecting, which just makes it better. I'm sure he had a hard time trying to control himself after that. The only thing that I can think of that could have made it better, would be you crying in embarrassment afterwards, which I could see you doing," Jeremy told me, a brief laugh leaving his lips.

A blush made its way onto my face, and I looked at the ground. Jeremy knew me too well. "Haha, yeah..."

"You did, didn't you?"

My gaze shifted to Jeremy and I narrowed my eyes. "No."

"You so did!" Jeremy cried, his eyes twinkling in amusement. "Your face tells it all! Oh, Holly, you're too funny."

I glared at him. "How am I funny? What was I supposed to do? Laugh because I just ruined my chances of a movie confession? I-"

Jeremy put his hand over my mouth, silencing me. "Holly, trust me, your confession was way more better than any movie confession. There's nothing to be upset over. I'm sure Chris loves how you did it your own way...well sort of. You did it your own way by accident."

Pulling Jeremy's hand away, I shook my head. "No. That's why he wants me to confess again."

"No, he wants you to confess again so he doesn't feel like a pedophile when he accepts it," Jeremy assured me. "Why do you doubt yourself so much?"

My eyes widened in surprise as I stared at Jeremy. Doubt myself? Did I doubt myself? My conscious said I did. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Why did I doubt myself? Suddenly, a list of reasons ran through my mind.