Chapter One: Ocean Front Property

"Jake! Come on! We are going to be late!" I snap, throwing my overstuffed bag into the back of the dark blue SUV. 

"I'm coming!" he replies, walking out of his house with three bags and then setting them in the back of the trunk.

I roll my eyes. It amazes me that my boyfriend has more bags than I do.

Boyfriend. Ah, I still can't get used to saying that.

"Really?" I ask, looking at the bags then at him. "I thought I was the girl in this relationship."

I see him smirk, then he leans down and pecks me on the lips, making my heart flip with pleasure. He winks and then starts to get in the driver's seat of the SUV. 

"It's going to be a long trip. Three days actually. Are you excited?" Jake asks, flashing me that perfect smile.

I must admit I am jealous of his smile, seeing it took me four years to get perfect teeth. When we were young everyone called me "Bucky." Yeah, go ahead and laugh. But everytime someone called me that horrifying nickname, Jake always told me as well as everyone else in the school, how beautiful my smile was. That always made me feel special. 

With a smile, I hop in the seat beside him and buckle up, my hands shaking slightly. He looks over and grabs my hand, lacing his fingers with mine.

"Ella, it's going to be fine. We are going to have a lot of fun. Plus, my sister and my parents are coming, it's not just going to be us."

I smile and look out the window. I know exactly what he's implying and I don't know if I like it or not.

"Sadly." I hear him whisper to himself. Yep, there's the Jake I know.

"Heard that." I remark, looking over at him with my eyebrows raised. His cheeks turn slightly pink and he smiles a little, making a grin spread across my face.

I turn back around and watch his parents get into the car. His mother is babbling about something on the phone with one of her friends, and his dad is talking to the man who set us up this weekend with the beach house in Miami.

Miami is eight hours away from where we live, which is a bit intimidating. This isn't my first trip with Jake and his family, but it is my first as his official girlfriend. Am I nervous? Heck no!

Okay, that was a lie. But I trust Jake and I have a good feeling about this trip.

"Are we ready?" A sweet voice asks. I turn around in my seat to see Noelle, Jake's sister climb into the backseat with her parents. She pulls her beautiful brown hair into a ponytail and then smiles up at both of us.

"Yes we are!" I say enthusiastically, turning around to face the windshield.

I am really glad Noelle was coming on this trip. Me and her have always been pretty close, seeing she is only sixteen and I am just a year older. We hang out sometimes when Jake isn't home, or when he is hanging out with his other friends.

I guess you could say that she is my other only real friend. Jake and Noelle are all I have, they are all that matters to me. Since we all started high school this year, I depend a lot on them, having no other friends.

Jake starts the car, cutting me out of my train of thought. I put in my earphones and then scroll through my iPod, deciding on This Is How We Do by Katy Perry. We all buckle up, then Jake pulls out of the driveway. Before I know it, we are on the highway and off to Miami.

I wake up a few hours later, my earphones still in my ears and my iPod in my hand. I take the earphones out of my ears and look out the window as I wrap them around my iPod.