Chapter 7 - Dreams of a family

I was so confused! had i really been dreaming that long about this guy? Oh how his hair sweeped perfectly away from his face, his muscular arms, how they would hold me through the night...

Again, i went into a dream but i know id only been out for a minute or so beacuse the nurse was in the same place. " Right then, Lilly is it? we have to do a few X - rays to find out what you have done to yourself, is that okay?"  "Errr yeah okay..." I hoped i didnt have to go into one of those big circle xrays, what where they called again?

 "So, we are going to give you a quick scan on the lower half of your left foot." They asked me to move to the x ray bed. It was easy since they put my bed next to the other so i could just wriggle over there. A small, intimidating man was changing the possition of the machine. it was lucky i had shorts on so they could get to my leg. The intimidating man smiled at me but it didnt change the way i saw him.

I'd only had 1 or 2 x rays in my life but that was when i was about 12. Its been 9 years since id been in one of these places. and im glad! they freak me out. the machinary, needles, injections, xrays, wheel chairs, those beepy things that record your heart rate. I just feel as if my body wont make it out or if they cant help me.  

The doctors had moved over to a small room with a window so they could see me, one was poking away at all the buttons and the other was typing away on a computer. I was glad that there faces seemed calm and steady i assumed there was nothing wrong with me.

The female doctor came out from the little room and stood by my side once again. It was then i could tell her smile was fake and her news was bad. " Well Lilly im sorry to say that the results was poor, Im afraid that you will have to..."

Joe's POV:

Alfie and I sat in the waiting room. I could not help to see that Alfies leg bouncing up and down. His back curving over so he could look at the ground. I couldnt leave him to become anxious but yet again, i felt the same. All we could do is comfort each other.

Many, many thoughts rushed through my head but i had to let them pass by. I looked at him while brushing my hair out my face so i could get a clear view, it was like he knew i was looking at him because his head raised and turned to look at me. " Alfie.." I asked softly. Although he knew i was talking to him, he stayed hunched over. " Alfie..." i asked again but this time placing my hand on the back of his shoulder. " Just try not to think about it okay, Shes in good hands. they can help her! the sooner she got into surgury the better really" through my sentence i tryed my best to not let him feel the sadness in me, as i felt it would only make things worse. Even though i talked to him he remained put. " Why don't we go get somthing to eat or go outside for a bit? Hey? to take our minds of it?" Yet again he sat still, as if he had been frozen. 

It was only then he huffed out a heavy breath, "No joe, i want to stay here, im staying here if Zoe's here, i need to comfort her. I just..." unlike my words his where creeping with fear. " Just what?" i questioned him curiously. " Its just, what if we want a family? children of our own? and that this crash has stopped her from being able to? what if she dosent make it? Ive always wanted a family of my own, little boys who i can play football with, or little girls i can play with! To stand there with Zoe holding me close to her while i kissed her forehead gently, looking over our family, watching them play together, laughing, singing, talking. What if none of this can happen?" I breathed out and looked at the floor. Alfie really made me uncomfotable. What if he was right? " Alfie, look... i wish i could make this all better, I wish i could answer all your questions and say for sure that she will be fine but the truth is, Im no wizard, i don't know myself..."