Chapter Six: Show Off

You're either gonna really love me for this chapter or hate me... Please let it be the first one. *crosses fingers*

I LOVE READING COMMENTS SO MAKE SURE YOU COMMENT. THANKS. LOVE YOU ALL.

___

I hate you Greyson Hayes. Hate. You.

Five times. Five. That's how many times I've built up the courage to try and open that window. Five times I've been burned by the stupid silver protecting it.

Silver bars lined the front of the damn window. My only way out of this hell is being guarded by silver. That's messed up. Greyson's obviously not as stupid as I thought. Silver is toxic to wolves. It's a wonder we survive on a day to day basis.

I've been stuck in here nearly all day. I've refused to eat anything, drink anything, say anything, or do anything. Greyson has thankfully given me distance so I could plan my escape, but I haven't gotten very far.

So now I just feel desperate.

"Help," Pound, "Anyone," Pound, "Please," Pound, "I feel," Pound, "so," Pound, "pathetic," I said as I lazily pounded my fist on the door. I laid my back against the heavy oak and presumed my meaningless noise making. I stared ahead of me at that window.

Silver. Six letters. Two syllables.

Know what else is two syllables? Crowbar. Something I could really use right now. I glared at everything in the room as if it would cower away.

I stood up and walked over to Greyson's desk. Like the last forty times I've looked at it, there were scattered papers, bills, reports, and pictures. I opened the computer for the four hundredth time and wiggled my finger around on the pad. Once again, the password page popped up and left me clueless once again. I shut the laptop and glanced up at the wall.

Nothing really weird about it. A book shelf and a few pictures hung on the wall. I quickly stood up and the chair flew back, hitting the wall behind it. I wandered over to the wall feeling a bit hopeless and praying for a miracle.

Anybody would think of pulled down each book to reveal a secret room, but behind a picture? And what other picture than the one that sticks out the most? A picture of Greyson's parents with a key on a necklace around Momma H's neck. It seemed ludicrous, but I was desperate.

I slowly lifted the picture off of the wall and turned it around. Taped onto the back of the picture was the key in the photo. I just prayed that it opened the door.

I ripped the key off the back of the picture and hung the photo back on the wall. I clutched the key in my hand as I jogged over to the door. I held my breath as I put the key up to the lock and pushed it in. It slid in smoothly, and I smiled evilly when it turned and the lock unlocked. I removed the key and stuffed it in my pocket. I twisted the knob and smiled widely when the door flew open.

"Yes!" I whispered and squeezed my eyes shut as I jumped up and down in the middle of the hall.

I calmed down and wandered down the hall. A came to a familiar set of stairs and walked down them until I heard a voice from what I can remember as one of the living rooms.

"Riley, shut up and go away. I don't care." I glared at the direction from which the noise was coming from. Who would say that? I walked closer and heard the same voice again. "Suck it up, Riley. You're such a baby." It wasn't a man's voice, though. It was a girl's voice. Certainly not a woman because no lady would speak to child that way.

I walked closer to the voices and could hear Riley's soft sobs. I peered around a corner to see Mariah, Makenna, Tyler, Cody (Greyson's Gamma), Riley, and Greyson. I quickly hid behind the corner and listened to the conversation.