19: throwing socks

it was close to midnight when there was a soft tapping at devon's window.

she had always been a light sleeper and she would suffer from late night insomnia constantly. when she heard the tapping noise, her eyes shot open and she sat up quickly.

devon scanned her room for a weapon to use in case this person was a burglar or quite possibly a murderer rapist. she found an old soccer trophy - the very one that michael had pointed out, coincidentally - and grabbed it from its shelf.

stalking over to the window stealthily, she peered out, only to see nothing. her only other option was to open the window and face possible death. but yolo.

devon yanked open the window in one swift motion, looking down at the ground. she was prepared to throw the trophy at whoever tried to break into her house, but only found the silhouette of a person.

"who are you and what do you want?" she whisper yelled, still clutching the trophy with white knuckles.

what she couldn't see was the person roll their eyes. "it's michael, idiot. can i come up?"

she dropped the trophy in disbelief. "michael, what the hell are you doing here? and why were you throwing rocks at my window at midnight?"

"well," he started, hauling himself up the huge tree behind her apartment building. "first of all, they were socks. i didn't wanna throw rocks because they would damage the window and i ain't paying for it."

devon rolled her eyes as she pulled michael through into her room. "why couldn't you just ring my doorbell like a normal person?"

"i was trying to be fucking romantic, okay?" michael snapped, even though there was a wide grin on his face.

she shook her head slowly and smiled. "you are ridiculous, michael gordon clifford."

"not as ridiculous as you'd look without clothes on, devon michelle peterson. in the kindest and most romantic way possible, of course." he said the last part quickly, trying to cover up his tracks.

"so romantic," devon laughed, taking his hands in hers. "so what did you throw socks at my window and scale a tree to tell me?"

michael shrugged, lying down in her bed and pulling her down on top of him. "just to tell you that i think you look beautiful tonight," he said cheesily, but still managing to make her blush evidently.

"you're beautiful too," she replied before furrowing her eyebrows. "that came out wrong, didn't it?"

"nope, not at all. i am quite beautiful." he pretended to flip his hair over his shoulder, causing devon to giggle. as they grew quiet again, michael looked at devon's ocean blue eyes. "but what i really came here to do was this."

kissing michael was different than any other kiss devon had ever had - and trust me, she had had a lot of them. while others kissed her for the lust, michael kissed her for the passion. she imagined sex with him to be the same way - others fucked for the screams while michael fucked for the speechlessness.

he leaned in and touched his lips to hers, lightly at first, then with increasing urgency. all of his kisses were slow and meaningful, which was something exotic yet oddly pleasing to devon. but both of them knew that there would be nothing more happening tonight.

instead, they continued to kiss and laugh and cuddle until they became drunk off sleeplessness. "do you think that fortune teller was being real?" devon murmured against michael's chest, feeling his chest move up and down.

"i don't know," he answered truthfully.

"and are you gonna leave me alone in the morning like you did last time?" she tried saying it in a joking manner but it came off as more serious.

honestly, michael was planning on leaving as soon as she fell asleep or forcing himself awake early the following morning to head home. but now that he saw how much his girlfriend wanted him to be the first thing she saw in the morning, he had changed his mind. "no, i'll be here always."

michael wrapped a protective arm around devon, who smiled and fell into a deep sleep for the first time in a long time.

-

ok we're gonna do this thing where whenever you're reading this story while taking a shit you're gonna comment "i'm taking a dump" on whatever section you're on

it's really original i know

michael is too cute bye