Chapter Eighteen: Haunting Past of a Second Life

Another upload for you my sexy beaus!

Check the vid to right. The late Johnny Cash<3 This song fits perfectly with the whole story and resembles Rhea.

______________________________________________

Broken Hearts & Lonely Stars:

Chapter Eighteen: Haunting Past of a Second Life

             I let the water fall over my body as I rested my forehead on the tiled wall of the shower, my breathing coming out in short pants, my heart pounding endlessly with horror while fear burned my veins as I tried to adjust to my situation. I couldn't go back to that. I left that dark scene once I discovered I was diagnosed with cancer. I did not want to bring my dark past over here. I already had problems to deal with it and now dumping this load on myself, would bring more shit to hit the fan.

I closed my eyes, the memory of the horror slipping through my mind wickedly...

"What do you want?" I gritted out, clenching my phone tightly against my ear.

"Is that how you treat a dear old friend, Andy?" He chuckled, the sound of pipes clanking was heard in the background with a muffled noise almost sounding like a cry of help.

My eyebrows furrowed together as I tried to make out what the voice was saying but the sound of something getting hit silenced it. "I wouldn't say we're friends, Tony, just a mere... Well, nothing actually. We're nothing after what you've done."

Tony sighed, "Let's forget the past, Andy. You shouldn't be reliving the past when your clock is ticking."

"W-what?"

"I heard about your little predicament becoming more of a tragedy," he said, calm and emotionless just like Tony was. The cold bastard he was. "A little birdie told me you're actually accepting death than fighting. Didn't your brother told you to be a survivor just so he can hug you when he comes home?"

"You're playing with fire, Tony, if you keep threatening me," I spat out, anger washing through me.

Knowing Tony since I moved to Boston, I was too naive to realize what he was capable of. The deception in his false love, the lies in his truth, and the betrayal that hung close to his skin. I was too heartbroken to actually believe his words and promises. I accepted my future regrets and mistakes and relished on the present. How I won easy money just doing Tony's bidding. How I lived careless and held that powerful aura around me when I knew everyone who heard about my doings were afraid. Afraid of me and they showed it very well.

That was before I realized what I was doing until it was too late. Tony's betrayal slapped me across the face when I was risking my life to save his deceiving ass. Nothing more than sweet betrayal on my plate.

"Threatening you?" He gasped dramatically and I could almost hear the sleazy smile in his voice when he said, "I'm just keeping on eye on my little hellcat, that's all."

"Really? So sending one of your hooligans to bash my head into a wall is part of 'keeping an eye' on me?" I questioned, menacingly.

"I suppose that got outta hand but just accept it as a mere...payback."

I smirked, remembering how he cursed me out when I put a bullet into his leg. That was just a little of my revenge. I was going to destroy what he loved most when the cancer hit and I suddenly hid myself in the shadows, out of his watchful eye. I entered Harvard with a clean slate and left that second life behind. My notorious past that I kept locked...until now when the past found me.