Freaks in the City - Excerpt only (Prologue)

FREAKS IN THE CITY is the second book of the FREAKS series. You can buy FREAKS IN THE CITY now at Smashwords, Apple iBooks Stores worldwide, Amazon worldwide, B&N, Kobo, and Google Play.

*****

FREAKS IN THE CITY By Maree Anderson

The sequel to the multi-award winning Freaks of Greenfield High (optioned for TV by Cream Drama, Inc.)

 True love isn't a cakewalk when your girlfriend's a cyborg.

The timing couldn't be worse for Jay to take her relationship with Tyler to the next level—especially when her idea of "the next level" proves to be vastly different to Tyler's. Building a life together and adapting to each other's quirks is challenging enough without the secrets they're keeping blowing up in their faces. Their relationship is tearing Tyler's family apart. Worse, Tyler's ex-girlfriend from hell shows up on their doorstep, destitute and desperate for a place to stay until she sorts out the latest hot mess she's embroiled in.

Jay's not exactly thrilled about Tyler's ex turning up out of the blue, but it's better to keep your enemies close, right? Sure enough, the ex has an agenda. But discovering who is manipulating her behind the scenes isn't easy, even for a super-smart computer-savvy cyborg.

Then a vulnerable member of Tyler's family is threatened, forcing Jay to confront a ghost from her past who'll stop at nothing to destroy her. And this time, the weapon he's chosen to take Jay out really could be the death of her. 

~~~

FREAKS IN THE CITY

Copyright 2012 by Maree Anderson

License Notes

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you are reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please purchase your own copy.

Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

 ~~~ 

Dedication

To my fans:

Freaks in the City would never have been written if not for your support. If you hadn't DMed and emailed me to say how much you all loved Jay and Tyler in Freaks of Greenfield High, and begged for a sequel, this story would still be locked inside my head. You all rock. Thank you!

P.S. this story takes Jay and Tyler's relationship to the next level—enjoy!

M.A.

 ~~~

PROLOGUE

Mike Davidson slanted a quick gaze at his wife, noting her tightly pursed lips and ominous frown before he turned his attention to the road again. "Let's not jump to conclusions. Just because he's staying over at Jaime's doesn't mean he's moved in with her."

Marissa's snort told him exactly what she thought of that line of reasoning. "I knew he was hiding something," she said.

Mike winced at her acerbic tone. Now he was even less convinced surprising Tyler and his mysterious girlfriend with an unexpected visit was a great idea. But they hadn't seen their son in months, so Mike had given in to Marissa's wishes—as he always seemed to these days. And after driving all this way the "surprise" had gone awry because Tyler hadn't been home. They'd had to beg his girlfriend's address from one of his roommates.

Mike tightened his hands on the steering wheel. Might be a good time for a father-son chat. Especially given the situation he and Marissa now found themselves in. If it could happen to them, it could happen to anyone.