Chronos

Chronos, time has no hold over this mechanical world. Twisted machines scatterd across a broken landscape. A robotic graveyard true to every sense of the phrase. It wasn't always like this however. It used to be a glorius planet, full of logic and discovery. Alas the machines that inhabited this once utopian society have all been wiped off the face of this synthetic oasis. All but one, one remains still, hunted by the nomadic monsters in masks that manipulate fire and bring chaos in their wake. Their ships had landed on the farside of the planet, far from the their reach, or so they had thought. With these ships however fire had filled the sky, pure energy burning white hot, melting anything in its path. Leaving behind deformed machines with tortured faces.

Voices crackled over radio like communications devices.

"Alpha team come in."

"This is Alpha team, what's the situation?"

"The last machine has been spotted in sector 7, proceed and engage."

"Roger that HQ, Alpha team out."

A robotic hand reached out to the metallic skeleton, two lovers entwined. This skeletal statue had been there since the dawn of his existance, for as long as he could remember. Apparantly they were the first two. The original inhabitants, or so the rumours said. Perhaps they were of divine origin, they did have wings after all. There was some twisted beauty to the couple. For a brief moment he had forgotten about the imminent danger, only for a moment. The strange sensation he had been feeling had returned. Looking over them, was it fear he felt? It was unknown to him, almost surreal. They never had anything to be afraid of, living in a robotic utopia. But now, they had experienced real terror, not that it mattered. Everything had been destroyed. Before he could collect his thoughts and move on, he felt the pressure change in the air, just in time to narrowly avoid the fireball that came crashing down beside him. Scrap and molten metal was scattered by the blast. The machine scrambeld to his feet, quickly processing the surroundings. Having calculated the best route for escape he quickly dashed behind some cover, all within a few seconds. More fired rained from the sky, smiliar to artillery fire bombarding the area. Could they be trying to flush him out? He wasn't sure, his mind tried to tactically calculate the outocme of his choices and even though they were not made for war, the calculations were grim.

He had to make a break for it, if he stayed where he was he would be incinerated for certain. There was no where to run, he would have to make his own exit. Quickly he analysed the structural integrity of the closest buildings. An old build which resembled a church or a temple, with beautiful spires that grasped at the sky, such incredible architecture which had been laid to waste by the war, the slaughter of the machine race. As soon as the information has been processed he immediately leapt at the church. Forcing his mechanical body through the wall as his body crunched against it on impact. It gave way, rubble littering the empty roon, quickly he scrambled to his feet and headed to the exit on the opposite end of the building, hoping to gain as much ground as possible from his masked aggressors. The building had begun to collapse, apparantly it was less stable than he had calculated, perhaps his sensory functions were damaged, and if they weren't before they are now.

A metal figure had crashed through the wall, she stood frozen in place, she had never seen her enemy before. It was staring right back at her, staring with its emotionless face into her masked eyes. That gaze unnerved her, she began to panic, conjuring up fire in her right hand. All the while the machine just stood there, staring at her, as if unphased by the whole situation.

"Stop fucking staring at me," Her voice modified by the com's device in her mask.

The machine tilted its head like a confused dog, this only added to the aggitation of the masked aggressor. He looked up at the ceiling as a piece of rubble came crashing down on the girl, who tried to dodge but was too slow, the bottom half of her being crushed under its weight. She let out a cry of pain as she tried to dislodge herself, it was no good however, she was stuck. The machine turned to leave.