“Yeah okay, I’ll see you then.” I answered.

“Bye, Amber” My parents said as they closed the door.

Hmm, I’m home alone for 4 hours what to do, what to do? Dance party! I ran upstairs and grabbed my iPod and the dock for it and plugged it in. I turned it up as loud as it would go and started to get dressed while dancing.

In truth I fell about five times whilst trying to get dressed and dance at the same time. I came back down stairs and continued to dancing.

I turned around to face the door as I felt a presence in the room and saw of all people leaning against the door frame smiling his gorgeous smile was indeed, Hunter Evans. His hair was messy but perfect, his eyes brown and hypnotizing. How did he get in here? No idea.

“Why are you here Hunter?” I asked a bit too harshly. But then again, he is the one who chose that bloody Barbie doll Julia over his best friend. So he pretty much brought it on himself.

“I saw your folks leave and I thought you might want some company.” He shrugged, with again that gorgeous smile. Damn it Amber Moore, focus!

“Well that’s thoughtful of you, but I’m fine, you can leave.” I said back motioning towards the door.

“Oh come on, Ambi Bambi, please? We can do whatever you want, just like when we were 10.” He said pouting.

Okay that did it. Not only did he just call me that name that only he used when we were friends, but coming here and thinking everything could go back to normal? No, I don’t think so. I wanted to kick him were the sun don’t shine.

I. Was. Angry.

“First of all, you can’t call me that, you lost that privilege a long time ago when you picked that barbie looking bimbo over your best friend,” I replied back coldly. “And secondly, do you really think everything can go back to normal just like that? Did you really think that you coming here today would make everything better?” I said with tears threatening to spill out. “Tomorrow, at school you’ll be with Julia and act like I’m not even there, because you know, you have to please the queen bee! You’ve been doing this for 6 years, why stop now?” I questioned feeling a lump grow in my throat.

“Look I was 10 and she was my girlfriend, my first girlfriend. I was stupid and didn’t know what I was doing-”

“Don’t even try to defend yourself Hunter, just go.” I said, as a warm tear ran down my cheek.

“Amber, please don’t cry.” He said taking a step closer to me. I put my hand up to stop him.

“Hunter, just go please. I cried enough when you said that you couldn’t be my friend anymore because that bloody bimbo didn’t want you too, so don’t make it worse because I know I’ll be getting déjà vu.” I swallowed hard, trying not to loose it.

“Hey, she is not a bimbo and-“

“Hunter, I don’t care, just leave.” I said pleading now as another warm tear ran down my cheek.

This boy caused so much of my pain over the past six years and now he is just reopening old wounds by standing here and talking to me like nothing was wrong.

“Fine I’ll go, but just one thing, are you still coming to the barbeque?” He asked placing his hands in his pockets.

“I never said I was.” I replied not making eye contact with him.

“Oh, okay,” He said walking towards the front door. He looked back at me with a sadden look. "Bye, Amber." He said and went out the front door. As soon as it was closed I ran upstairs to my room, closed my eyes and just cried.