You Will Find Kelsie

A/N: man, it's been a while hasn't it? So much has happened over this summer, it's been crazy! But hey, I've had time enough to work on a new story - this one is a bit different. It's written in a guy's POV - he's called Andy.

So, let me know what you think of it! And I know it's kinda short, it's just a prologue for now, but I'm hoping to have the first chapter all editted in the next couple of days :)

much love...xx ^.^

_____________________________________________________________________________

Prologue

I MADE A STUPID JOKE AND SHE PUNCHED ME ON THE SHOULDER, laughing so hard she doubled over. I still remember that laugh. It sears through my mind like fire, burning through every thought.

   She exhaled deeply, finished with her laughing. Then she glanced at me and a grin broke out over her face, lips curling into a smile that wrinkled her eyes, so that the blue turned black. That memory burns even more.

   I remember what she wore. A purple and red check shirt, denim blue shorts, black cardigan, brown sandals. She wore the anklet I’d made her when I was eight and forced into friendship bracelet making by my sisters. Since then, she’d added the tiny charm I’d bought her for her fourteenth birthday. It was one of those collectables that you can string onto a fancy gold bracelet, but Kelsie didn’t have one of those, so she threaded it onto my anklet. It was a miniature silver swallow.

   I remember that charm as clearly as the day I’d bought it.

   Her hair still runs through my fingers in my sleep; soft, chocolate brown and long, so long. It was the envy of all her friends, but she barely even brushed it in the mornings.

   What pains more is the regret. Regret that I let her go, regret that I never told her the truth. I lied to her, but I lied only to save face. I was selfish and then she was gone.