Chapter 45

Hey everybody...sorry for the wait XD Hope y'all like it! Ugh...that publish button is just getting harder and harder to push -.- Anyways, enjoy! -Roxy.

Chapter 45

“Anything for you, baby.” Logan whispered, pressing his lips to mine for one last kiss before he was stalking across the room on Jackson's trail. My abdomen exploded with pain as I struggled to stay upright.

Jen was holding me up before I even noticed. "Hey, take it easy. You shouldn't be moving right now. Give me a minute, I'll call the pack d-" I cut her off as I grabbed her shoulder.

"It's alright Jen, I just need some time. It's already healing, it won’t kill me."

Her face looked flabbergasted. “Chels, you need medical assistance.”

I shook my head defiantly. “So do many others. Let the doctor care for them.” From the corner of my eye, I saw a glint of metal, just a split second before her scent hit me. A Seeker was lunging at Jen, intending to stab her in the back. I shot to my feet, grabbing the Seeker’s arm and pushing her so hard she slammed against the wall with so much force, her head bounced off of the rock. She collapsed to the ground, her chest stilling.

I ground my teeth as I forced myself to my feet, grasping my wound again. "Come on Jen... we can't stay here!" I gasped, grabbing her hand as another pair of Seekers came at us.

I lunged at the male one, the female going after Jen. He wasn't much taller than me but despite the close size and the presence of my wolf, he still had an upper hand due to my injured state. My claws lengthened as he pulled out a dagger, my nose noticing the Wolf's Bane coating the blade with my wolf's heightened smelling.

He came at me at quite a decent speed for a human, too bad it was too slow for an attack on a shifter. I blocked out the immense pain in my abdomen as I kicked out at the Seeker, my leg meeting its goal as he hunched over grasping his stomach.

I took the chance to jump onto his back, wrapping my legs around his body as I grabbed his head with both hands. He was fighting to pry me off as my claws dug into his head so far, they penetrated his skull, my rage towards this man and the many others like him, tainting my vision red. A gurgled scream tore past his lips as I snapped his head to the side, breaking his neck with one swift twist.

I jumped off as his body collapsed forwards, the blood oozing from the holes I'd left in his head; which shook on his shoulders as if held there by a piece of string.

I found another victim for my bloodied claws in the Seeker currently trying to pin Jen down below her. She hadn't noticed I was behind her until I jammed a claw into the back of her neck, severing her spinal cord. She made a strangled noise as my other hand came around and sliced her throat open. I threw her aside before too much of her blood got on Jen.

I held a hand out to my friend on the ground, only now noticing how much blood I'd gotten on myself. It sounded sadistic, but after everything they put me through, the sight of the Seeker's blood coating my fingers made me feel some satisfaction. "Need a hand?" I asked with a smirk, watching Jen take it gratefully as I pulled her to her feet.

"Chelsea, I know you don't agree, but you've been through a lot. You need some rest, at least until you're healed, before you do something like what you'd just done." Jen sighed, gesturing to the two deceased Seekers on the ground.

"I'm fine Jen." I repeated, as I grabbed a nearby Seeker struggling with one of the Blood Moon Pack shifters. I quickly ended him with a hard blow to the head. The shifter regarded me with respect as he bowed slightly.

"Thank you, Luna." A puzzled expression crossed his face. "Pardon me, but shouldn't you be resting?" He asked quietly, his eyes on the wound in my stomach that now began stinging again as the adrenaline drained from my system.