An arranged marriage to a vampire: Why ME?(Chapter 5)

Kathy's P.O.V.

After crying for a couple of hours, I finally decided to change into my pajamas. I put on some old comfy shorts and a random t shirt.

I sat on the bed, waiting for Damon to come in because eventually he would. I was so nervous and desperately wished I could stay in another room. The memory of Damon when we were younger was still fresh in my mind and I shuttered.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, my head snapped open and I was quiet for a minute.

"Come in." I said in a shaky voice.

Elizabeth walked in and smiled. "May I speak with you for a moment?"

"Sure." I said, not really thinking I had a choice.

She sat down on the edge of the bed and sighed.

"I know this must be a lot to take in. And I believe we had a huge misunderstanding. You see, we don't live like normal vampires. Most drink human blood. We don't. We drink animal blood and we make it quick and painless. We're not evil, I promise. And we won't harm you."

I stood there in shock. Letting the information sink in. They didn't seem like the typical vampires in books and movies. They weren't vicious or ugly or scary. Chagrin washed through me as I realized Elizabeth was telling the truth. I felt it and I could see it in her face.

"I'm sorry. I judged you before even knowing the whole story....God, I feel terrible. I should've handled it better."

I shake my head and look down at my lap.

"It's quite alright dear. Well....I must be going to bed. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I said as she shut the door.

I was still nervous for Damon to come in but for completely different reasons now. Thinking about him made my heart go into overdrive and tingles to run through my body.

A few minutes later, as I finished brushing my teeth and washing my face, there was a knock on the door. My heart immediately went into double time and I practically jogged out of the bathroom.

"Come in." I called.

The door opened slowly to reveal a gorgeous Damon. He closed the door after himself and stood where he was.

"I just came in here to get my things. I'm going to sleep in the guest room." he said quietly.

I shook my head. "No, no. This is your room. You can stay. I'm sorry about earlier, it's just....you caught me by surprise. You have to understand....I was a little girl when I saw that. It just frightened me.....but your mom came in and explained everything and I'm really sorry." I blurted out.

Damon looked at me in shock.

After another minute of silence I said. "Well....say something."

Damon shook his head and sighed. "It's just....I thought you'd be terrified of me and hate me even if my mom explained the way we live."

I looked at him, puzzled. "Hate you? Why would I hate you?"

"Because....I'm a vampire." Damon mumbled.

I shook my head. "That doesn't make you a bad person...."

"Well....ok then. Uh, you do realize we have to sleep on the same bed, right?"

I felt my face heat up. Me and him on the same bed? The scary thing was I kind of liked the idea....Snap out of it Kathy!

"Yeah, well....it's a pretty big bed. You just stay on your side and I'll stay on mine." I said curtly.

Damon smirked. "Yeah, alright."

Then he went to the closet and started striping down.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

"What? I sleep in my boxers." Damon looked at me.

I blushed. "Yeah, well....not with me here. Put on some shorts and a T-shirt."

Damon rolled his eyes. "Fine." he muttered.

I jumped in the bed and rolled over to the left side and away from him. Then I felt the bed sink after the lights went off.

"Night." I said nervously. God this felt weird. Being in the same bed with a hot guy I was engaged to and didn't even know.

Damon chuckled. "I heard that."

"You can read my mind?!"

"When I want to, yeah."

I blushed furiously. "Don't do that."

"Whatever, night."

I sighed and felt myself drift to sleep.

Damon's P.O.V.

I looked over at Kathy and she had her back turned me. Sleeping peacefully.

It took everything I had not to go over to her side and pull her close to me and kiss her. She was so hot. And it wasn't helping that she was wearing those shorts and that little tank top.

Plus, she thought I was hot, right?

I couldn't touch her though. What if she got angry or scared? Her blood was so tempting....what if my eyes turned red? Or worse....what if I bit her?

I hadn't slipped up in almost a year....

Just as I was recalling that horrible night, Kathy grumbled and rolled over to my side. She was now facing me. Her mouth open slightly and her bangs covered her eyes.

I reached over slowly and moved her bangs. Her skin was so soft....

Just then, she leaned her head to my chest. I froze for a minute then relaxed. I fell asleep with her leaning against me.

Kathy's P.O.V.

Slowly I opened to my eyes and waited for them to adjust to the brightness of the room.

I was just about get up when I realized something was holding me down....

There was a pale, strong arm wrapped around my waist.

And I was leaning against someone with their breath at my ear.

I froze and my eyes widened.

"Uh, Damon?" I said.

"Damon." I tried shaking him off.

"Hmm." I heard him say.

"You're kind of holding me down...."

Damon just shifted and held me tighter.

Alright, he asked for it. I carefully got out of his grip then threw him off the bed.

Just before he fell, his eyes shot open and grabbed my arm, pulling me with him.

"Ahhh," I screamed.

"Damn it." I heard Damon say.

He landed right on his back and I landed right on top of him. I gazed into his eyes, overwhelmed by our proximity. I found myself wanting to kiss him.

I leaned in slowly and closed my eyes...

* * *

haha!!! Cliffhanger!! Don't ya just love me?? Trust me, I'll be working on chapter 6 this week and have it out this weekend. Hope you enjoyed the little bit of romance/ chemistry going on between Damon and Kathy :D