[11]

Regrets.

Right now I regret one thing and that is when I said no to Daniel, we should have runaway that day edi sana hindi na umabot sa ganito right?

And right now here I am with Enrique who’s smiling and all. Bakit parang hindi siya gulat na ako yung kasama niya alam ba niya?

“Good evening. I know you must be all wondering, how. Right? Well it will be a secret that will never be told.” Clarisse started. “And if you’re also wondering if Leila’s alive then maybe just maybe Éclair would be too.” She stopped.

Tama pwede ding buhay si mommy. And baka buhay nga siya at alam nila kung nasaan si mommy.

“But unfortunately I couldn’t find her. It wasn’t easy to find Leila, it was let’s say we were lucky to be a family.” She said so wala talaga si mommy. “So now that Leila’ back the engagement between the Vanderbilt and Rutherford is also happening.” She said and clapped her hands ganun din ang iba “Congratulations my dear.” She said and looked at me that smile really.

After that, they told us to dance, at eto kami ni Enrique sumasayaw. “You look beautiful Leila.” He said.

“Kath, call me Kath Enrique.” I said coldly. “Alam mo ba to?” I looked at him.

He looked at me “I… at first I didn't know pero mom told me everything kanina. I wasn’t surprised really.” Sabi pa niya. “And I supposed alam ni Daniel?” tanong niya

I didn’t answer kasi parang hindi naman tanong eh. And then someone interrupted us. si Paul. “Milady.” He said. Disappointment was all over his face.

Sumama na ako kay Paul, nagpunta kami sa isang kwarto at to my surprise nandun si Clarisse.

“The ever so loyal assistant of Éclair is here.” She said. At uminom na ulit siya ng champagne niya.

“Paano mo nalaman na buhay si Miss Leila?” tanong ni Paul. “And the engagement is not valid. After all Miss Leila’s death is recorded, she’s dead.”

“Well don’t worry Paul, bukas na bukas pupunta tayo sa city hall and tell them she’s alive. No record.” She said. “At kung paano ko nalaman?” she smiled “Who can you really trust Leila?” she asked me

Who can I really trust? Right now dalawa lang si Paul at si Daniel… si Daniel.. could it be? No. he wouldn’t.

“What do you mean by that?” I finally had the voice to speak up to her.

“Paul will always be loyal to your family after all, his family owes yours and they’re indebted to you forever. But  then there’s this one guy you trust the most….”

Don’t believe what she’s about to say Kath, don’t.

“The one guy you love the most but how can you be sure he’s on your side? How can you be sure to trust him?”

Daniel wouldn't, he wouldn’t right? Siya pa ang nagsabi na we should runaway right?

“He wouldn’t” I firmly said.

She laughed “Hindi kita mahahanap kundi dahil sa kanya Leila. Who would have thought that may nagagawa palang tama si Daniel. The very first day he met you and found out that you’re alive sinabi niya agad sa akin, he tricked you to trust him fully, para hindi ka makatakas uli sa amin.” She said “Memories with him were all lies, it was all for a show.”