Chapter 4 Meeting At LD&D Publishing Rm 1313C Pain, Donna

Collar & Cuffs - Submissives

A Copyrighted Story © 2014 by: LadyDawn

Chapter 4 Meeting At LD&D Publishing

Rm 1313C Pain, Donna

Dee left her home early for meeting in Orlando with her publishing agent. Her home she had bought with her first royalties from her first ever published book; a terracotta roofed stucco painted cement block home fashioned after the ones she saw in her travels in the mid west in New Mexico. Hers is in a gated community with a security guard with nightly patrols.

Once settled inside her red Chevy Camaro she headed for the exit gate and out toward Orlando. It took her just over an hour to drive there from her gated community and to find a parking space in the parking garage next door to the skyscraper that LD&D Publishing is located at on the 13th floor. That in and of itself gives Dee the willies with her superstitious mind: Being on, of all things the 13th floor of any building. She hates the number 13 especially on a Friday the 13th like today is and black cats and is not the biggest fan of Halloween, Witches, Ghosts or any of the supernatural things—it is why she took up erotic writing in the first place when all her class mates in college where going in the opposite direction and doing supernatural writhing—Dee has made a living out of erotica—a good living out of it till this assignment that is—now she is at the 13th floor about to knock on door 13 of all thing.

Dee hesitates, but just briefly to take in a deep breath then exhales it when she feels ready she knocks and enters the door marked LD&D Publishing. A pretty brunet woman in her mid 20s is sitting behind a glass and wood desk as she enters. Dee walks up to her and states her business. “I am Dee Shaffer here for a meeting with... Um... One minute.” She pulls out her phone and scans her appointment to pull up the name.

“That would be with Donna Pain in room 13A. It is at the end of the hall to your right on the left side.” She smiled at Dee and pointed to the right hall for Dee to see.

“Yes that is her. Thank you.” Dee look down and read the name on her desk and said. “Sharon. Shall I just head back now?”

“Yes go right in they are expecting you.”

“They?”

“Yes Ms. Pain and Miss. Dawn are in there waiting for you at the present. If you hurry you can catch them together. Miss Dawn is heading out in a couple of minutes for a business trip and wanted to speak to you if you were early” she stated. “Go right on back.” She smiled once again. Dee shivered.

“Thank you, you have been very helpful.” Dee turned and headed back to the office she was told to go to. She took several more deep breaths along the way to calm her escalating nerves, she really hated going to meeting of any kind; preferring to stay at home in her office and just write. It is after all what she went to collage all those years for and the love of her life. Even after having six top ten best sellers the thrill never wore off for her. Dee knocked on door labeled with of all things #13A and Pain, Donna.

“Enter please,” Dee heard and then the door opened on it's own before she had the chance to finished wiping her hand on her black pencil skirt she wore today for the meeting. She had matched it with a simple white button down collared blouse and black heels. She was carrying her favorite Jane Erie leather briefcase that held all her necessaries and writing materials to turn in today. She was going to turn in the next chapter that she printed out along with a flash drive copy for submission of edit. Her normal email way of submitting; she decided since she was coming anyway she'd forgo and just bring them in person. “Dee how nice to see you today. Welcome. I am sure you know the owner and head publisher Dawn of LD&D Publishing. She wanted to meet you before she has to leave town.”